cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES ERP2005 SR2 on Solaris 10 /Oracle 10.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to install IDES ERP2005 SR2 on Solaris 10 / Oracle 10.2 Due to huge space requirements ( req : 220GB for oracle) i couldt make it up.

Can i install IDES ERP2005 SR2 on windows / oracle and export 800 client and import in solaris 10 /oracle 10.2

By doing so can i get IDES fuctionality in the solaris system?

Regards

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to install IDES ERP2005 SR2 on Solaris 10 / Oracle 10.2 Due to huge space requirements ( req : 220GB for oracle) i couldt make it up.

Can i install IDES ERP2005 SR2 on windows / oracle and export 800 client and import in solaris 10 /oracle 10.2

Yes - you could do that - but that wouldn´t decrease the space needed. And you will need to install the target system with the same support package level as the IDES system.

By doing so can i get IDES fuctionality in the solaris system?

yes - you could - but you wouldn´t need fewer space.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks a lot. This clears my doubt.

Thanks again..

Regards

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Markus,

One more small question..

If i do client export , import will it get the FI-CAX functinality in activated state in the target system?

(As per note 1013391 - the Business Function FI-CAX (Contract A/R + A/P) is already activated.)

Thanks & Regards

Kamal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If i do client export , import will it get the FI-CAX functinality in activated state in the target system?

Yes - as long as the target system has this activated too. The switch framework generates programs and may also generate table appends.

Markus

Answers (0)