Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Painter not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i Open my screen painter and click on "Layout" button

it shows error "No response from Graphical Screen painter-Exiting". I have IDES 4.7c version on my pc at home. I'm an ABAPer and don't know about basis. Pls help to sort this problem.

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Can you for example say your GUI version and patch level? How you install it , are your installation standart, if not you need to reinstall SAPGUI and select the component (Development Tools - Graphical Screen Painter) can you check the gnetx.exe,gneux.exe files,also are you able find in your installation the DLL eumfcdll.dll,various eusp* data files (that is, the names all begin with eusp.) ? Check the sapsetup.log are any error in this file? If all ok try to disable firewall and antivirus software for testing.

P.S. try to check trace files in SapWorkDir folder under C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beradze,

1. Gui version is: 6.40.

2. Files "gnetx.exe" & "gneux.exe" are available in the

system.

3. "eumfcdll.dll" file is not showing in my installation.

4. Two "eusp.dat*" files showing in the system

(euspdynd.dat, euspdyne.dat).

5. I check the "sapsetup.log" file in my system and found only

this error "SapFeiSv 3 Shell : file 'D:\47ides\GUI 4.0

\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\sapgui\saplogon.exe' does not

exist.

6. I also checked the trace file, the error shown is given below:

Sapgui 640 [Build 8965] Sat May 17 19:54:18 2008

: 'partner not reached (host 192.100.10.1, service sapdp00)

WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

How to disable firewall and antivirus? Pls let me know if you

require any other information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello . The eumfcdll.dll must be under C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui , if not you need to copy this file from other PC with same release GUI. ALso the eusp* files are under same directory "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui" and not only 2 file, it is much more

, best if you reinstall sapgui and select all (at least for you : Development Tools - Graphical Screen Painter) . Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beradze,

As u said, i again check these files (eumfcdll.dll & eusp*) in the given path. The result is same as previous. So i go for the next option for reinstall sapgui. In that process i have some doubts, pls clear them:

1. Do i have to do some pre-installation process.

2. I have dump of IDES 4.7C at my pc, do i directly install the

sapgui from the dump.

3. The new installation will upgrade the previous installation or i

have to remove the previous installation, if so pls guide how?

Your kind guidance will be very appreciable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. First deinstall SAPGUI, after delete "SAP" folder from "program files". Reboot PC. And try new installation, about dump on your PC , i'm don't know in what condition your

"dump", try to install again and select all required components. If it not help you , try to download new, and reinstall again. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beradze,

Problem solved, Thanks for your kind help.

Regards.

Answers (0)