Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman Diagnostics 7.0 SP15 on Java SP14

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have just deployed Solman Diagnostics 7.0 SP15 and its patch on JAVA SP14. Is it safe to upgrade the SP on JAVA to SP15?

Regards,

Agoes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean with "is it safe"?

Markus

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

When I patched EP with KM, first I patched JAVA, EP then KM, since EP + KM run on JAVA. My concern now is Solman Diags runs on top of JAVA and already in the latest patch. If I update JAVA, will it harm Solman Diags? Since it means I update the foundation.

Regards,

Agoes

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you patch them manually? Usually you should install a full stack using JSPM and not single packages using SDM...

Markus

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I was in Solman Upgrade project including Solman Diags installation. So far the Solman Diags runs okay. Probably I will just leave it as it is, unless it is safe to update the JAVA patch to SP15 while Solman Diags SP15 runs on it already.

Regards,

Agoes

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said - you shouldn´t patch a single component to a higher patchlevel but use complete stacks. You may run into all kinds of issues. I´d quickly patch up your system to a consistent state (all packages to SP15 - ABAP as well as Java).

Markus

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

That's what I'd like to do. That's also why I posted this message, since I am not sure whether the JAVA update will spoil my Solman Diagnostics. Thus far, no issues. Just got a message when login to smd/admin "Upgrade status for the current version is outdated. Please upgrade now.".

I did patch them one by one, since maintenance optimizer isn't installed yet. I need to get approval from SAP to download. ABAP part has been top-up to SP15. So, only JAVA is left to SP14.

Any advice?

Regards,

Agoes

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

I just searched for Support Stack to download from SPS13 to SPS15, but what I found the highest SPs is on level 14.

Regards

Agoes