cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recovery, applying archived redo logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

I enconutered with recovery of our demo system (SAP NWs sp15, Windows server 2003, Oracle 10.2). I need to recover the Windows, oracle, the SAP, the DB. I have whole offline backup and offline redo logs. So i done:

1) Install Windows

2) install Oracle

3) restore datafiles

4) opened DB instance

And next, i want to restore and apply offline redologs by the brtools, but i recived following messages:

<b>

BR0278E Command output of 'C:\oracle\<sid>\102\BIN\sqlplus':

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Sat Jun 21 16:37:10 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

SQL> Connected.

SQL>

SQL> SQL> ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors

ORA-00264: no recovery required

SQL> SP2-0024: Nothing to change.

SQL> SP2-0042: unknown command "cancel" - rest of line ignored.

SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

BR0280I BRRECOVER time stamp: 2008-06-21 16.37.11

BR0279E Return code from 'C:\oracle\<sid>\102\BIN\sqlplus': 0

BR0302E SQLPLUS call for database instance <SID> failed

BR0338E Applying offline redo log file C:\oracle\<sid>\oraarch\<sid>ARCHARC00624_0652224385.001 failed

BR0338E Applying offline redo log file C:\oracle\<sid>\oraarch\<sid>ARCHARC00625_0652224385.001 failed

BR0338E Applying offline redo log file C:\oracle\<sid>\oraarch\<sid>ARCHARC00626_0652224385.001 failed

</b>

Why are the offline redologs can't applied? The changes was happaned after last successful offline backup which is applied.

regards,

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

As explained, database recovery needs to know a target SCN (system change number) to perform the recovery to that state. This is contained in the control file, if it is available at the time the database crashed or to the state you want the recovery to happen.

To perform manual recovery, without control file and let database construct a consistant database state with valid SCN run the recovery using backup control file option.

The reason that your recovery is failing is because the database does not know that it needs to use the archivelog files for recovery. you need to tell it using the above methods.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisch.

Can you give details?

How it should be performed? By brtools->Restore and recovery->Restore and application of archivelog files?

regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use any of the methods, brrestore or sqlplus, as long as you have the database backups, the required archived log files and the control file.

If you choose to do the manual way, run sqlplus, mount the database and perform recovery using:

alter database recover automatic until cancel;

This will require your controlfiles / archived redologs to be in place.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denis,

Just check following things --

1. control file copied is correct or not and it has to be the latest file, also check control file path correctly mentioned in pfile or spfile.

2. check user ora<SID> and its permissions.

3. check lsnrctl status.

4. check are you able to mount the database manually or not (if yes)

5. try to apply archive logs manually

sqlplus > recover database until cancel;

Regards

Pratap