SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPY1 Payment in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi '

Can any one give the suggession on this. I heve seen this information in Best practices.

"The output file from the payment run becomes the input file for accounts payable. The system uses the data to create an invoice using a one time vendor number for each customer to be sent a refund check. Once the file has been entered into the accounts payable system, the payments can be scheduled and checks issued according to the utilities normal business practice."

THanks in advance for your help..

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri ram,

I am a basis guy but i have been running the nightly batch manually and kindaa understand how things work in FICA now.

From your statement, looks like you are talking about the AP refund file. This is how it works in my company. two or threee times a week, a manager runs this job through tcode FPY1. This generates an AP refund file on our server at the OS level. Then, this file is transferred to our mainframe which generates refund checks that need to be mailed out to the customers.

Can you tell me how the nightly batch is run in your company ? specially the mass activities in FICA ? like do you guys do the batch manually, or use job containers or third party tools like control m etc ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

This is the new project. After go live only this procedures will come.

Now we are about start Realization. Before that i want to know this function.

Thanks

Sriram

0 Kudos

Hello,

I did not understand the context you are talking about.

It is true that DME file is generated from FPY1<<Can be DD Claim file or Refund file>.

May be I guess you are speaking about business context than SAP language.

Input file for AP??? Pls be more clear. Ofcourse there is EBS file that is received via FF_5 or FF.5.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Edited by: rajendra mukhyaprana on Jun 23, 2008 6:52 AM