cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rlim_fd_cur parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am installing ECC 6.0 SR3 with Oracle 10g on Sun solaris 10 x64 (Zones). When i executes the Prerequisite Checker it is giving me error on setting this parameter. I have already set this parameter in /etc/system file and according to sapnote 870652 this should be set here in global zone which then applies to all local zones.

Can someone tell me about this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Plz check the Solaris 9 and Solaris 10 /etc/systems relevant parameters.

For Solaris 9 and Solaris 10 ,rlim_fd_cur default value is 65535.

Regards

Parul Prasad

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - but those parameters/that file is not accessible from a zone - and thus it´s ignorable during a SAP system installation in a zone.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on how you set up the zone it may not be able to read the /etc/system so you can safely ignore that message.

Did you set up a project file?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, i can ignore this message. The next activity is to create the project by projadd in zones. Can you explain me how the zones can read this file /etc/system or if i ignore it is not going to affect the installation. Because i have 2 zones, in first zone i am installating ecc and in 2nd zone i have to install Portal. So if both zones cannot read /etc/system is it safe or not.

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The rlim_fd_cur is only valid for the global zone so the zone doesn´t need to read it. Sapinst doesn´t "know" that it´s running in the zone and so the error message is thrown (or warning). You can ignore that.

Markus