cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible create billing before invoice verification in third party p?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Billing document is created after purchase invoice verification in standard third party process, is it possible create billing document after goods recive and before invoice verification?

thanks

Lance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ooopsss.. sorry...

Edited by: jonathan y on Apr 14, 2009 2:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

A wild guess.....

How about asking the vendor for a PROFORMA INVOICE. I'm not sure about the process even if they give the proforma invoice. This is only a clue to think on this lines.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ...It is possible to create Billing before the Invoice verification....

The following can be the points for the same.

In scenerio where there are orders to be delivered to customer from Third party vendors .

The Company would deliver the goods to the Customer and get the paymnets and then it may pay to the vendor.

So you see it depends on the Company to company.

regards,

Amlan Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amlan,

Counld you tell me the detail, How to config the system, thanks

regards

Lance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Copy controls for TAS ... for Del to bill .... check the bill qty as Delvd Qty - Already Invoiced qty like change to this option and it will work .. also there is a best practice document in SAP site for this ...

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Could you send me the best practice document web site link,I have tried what you said, however I found in the third party process, there is not copy control from delivery to billing, but sales order to billing. I modify the bill qty from sales order to billing, it is work, however before invoice verification the sales order is not in the billing due list.

I modify the Billing Relevance from 'F' to 'B', the sales order in the billing due list before goods receive!

Thank u so much, anyway it is useful for me. if it can create billing due list after goods receive, it will be perfect.

Regards

Lance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lance,

few considerations why billing shoudl take place after MIRO.

You cannot know whats the delivered qty to customer until you receive incoming invoice from the vendor. so if you have placed PO for 100 qty and the vendor supplied only 60, you may end up billing for 100 if you take order as reference. So you would need to create a credit memo for 40 which is not desired. So we need to have the billing relevance for TAS as F- which is order related status according to invoice qty.

The variation per SAP best practice is third party with shipping notification where the vendor sends a shipping notification regarding the delivery qty Here we can do a statistical MIGO. In third party without shipping notification MIGO is also not done.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sadhu,

I want to billing take place before MIRO and after MIGO, because in our country, cost and revenue must be generated in the same month, however sometime we can't get invoice from vendor in time. if we set the billing relevance for TAS as F,It only generate billing due list after MIRO.

Regards

Lance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lance,

thanks for sharing the point. its interesting. but am just wondering in such case how would you handle a customer who is supposed to pay 100 $ for the goods purchased in a particular month where the cost was also incurred. since there is a possibility that customer has not payed.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sadhu,

Yes,It's weird, but It's common in our country, sometime we generate the billing document and invoice to customer after goods issue, and then they will pay us in several days. in some company, billing may be not generated in the same month, we may modify the standard process, when post goods issue, it don't generate cost G/L account, but a middle G/L account, when billing document,it will generate two accounting document, one is middle G/L account and cost G/L account,anther is customer account receivable and revenue. or this four G/L account in one accounting document.

so sometime we can create billing document according to goods issue qty.

regards

Lance

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is mandatory in the standard process because, in the Item Category TAS - 'Billing relevance' field- we select the value - billing as per the invoiced quantity (not sure about the exact value).

Guess, you can meet your requirement if you chance the value in that field to something like billing as per the order quantity. I never tried this. But hope it works. But this is not suggested because, sometimesthere will be discrepancies in the order quantities and actual delivered quantities.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried what you said,However It seems not work.

Lance