cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE user authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell all,

This is related to XI3.1, which is J2EE+ABAP system.

I knwo that Roles in ABAP are called Groups in UME (J2EE) because J2EE has their own roles. ABAP roles are assigned in PFCG or SU01 and can only be viewed in UME console. Same users can be assigned to J2EE roles using UME colsole and these roles are maintained using UME console. They are called Roles in UME.

My question is regarding createting a user and resetting a password. Do I have to create a user in ABAP only using SU01 and reset the password in ABAP system only.

OR

I can do it in UME as well.

Because I see a create, modify button in UME where I can change the user password and create a new user.

AND if possible in both then whic one is advisable?

Your advice will be greately appreciated.

Thank you very much for the help.

SC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry.

<b>Hell all,</b>

Sorry! I wanted to write <b>Hello All</b>.

Extremely sorry.

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem, "hell all" was funny!

Anyway, my experience is that usually User Maintenance is done on the ABAP stack via SU01, which is considered the master, and then an automated mechanism (I couldn't go deeper by now) replicates on J2EE stack.

Obviously if you have to deal with J2EE specific auth, you have two approaches:

- strict: create dummy roles on ABAP, assign them and wait for replication

- easy: modify auth direcly on J2EE via UME (supposing J2EE is not locked on this function 'cause it's aware of being a slave in this process)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

I understood this part.

My main question is that we know the ABAP (SU01) will be master for J2EE+ABAP system. But It does allow me to reset the user password on UME web console. I have never tried completely. Is it ok to reset the password in J2EE web console OR I will never be successfull because datasourse is ABAP.

Is there any way to disable it using parameters in config tool?

Thank you againg for the reply.

SC

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've done it in the past without problems (changing password in J2EE with an ABAP master). I remember I wasn't able to change roles in UME, which is correct.

Cheers,

Alex

Answers (0)