cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to install a unicode WAS 6.40 ABAP stack on AIX 5.1 with Oracle 9.2. I have successfully installed the Central Instance and have started the DB Instance. During the DB Instance, I am prompted to install the Oracle software. I have successfully installed the Oracle software, however, when I continue with the install, it fails immediately with the following error:

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataFileInfo, row[0] does not describe valid data file parameters.

When I check the sapinst_dev.log, I find a bit more information:

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:208]

EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook()

OraDataFileCreateParams.checkParams: dataFileParams.sapdataDir is not convertible to a positive integer and does not match /^\s*SAPD

ATA(\d+)\s*$/gi.

ERROR 2005-12-22 12:10:15 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:289]

abortInstallation

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter tDataFileInfo, row[0] does not describe valid data file paramet

ers.

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:270]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown std::ESAPinstException: ESAPinstException: error text undefined

TRACE [iaxxcwalker.cpp:301]

CDomWalker::processStep()</b>

I would greatly appreciate any help that is out there.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

C1060644
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Your message it's so old.

Doesn't matter, I got the same issue when I have tried to install a unicode SAP Netweaver 7 Ehp 2 ABAP stack on Aix 5.3 TL10 with oracle 10.2.

It's seems that the issue trigger by ulimits parameters for oracle user ora<sid>.

The error message I got was:

OraDataFileCreateParams.checkParams: dataFileParams.sapdataDir is not

convertible to a positive integer and does not match

/^\sSAPDATA(\d+)\s$/gi.

ERROR 2011-03-01 19:40:25.97 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:244]

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter

tDataFileInfo, row[13] does not describe valid data file parameters.

To fix this issue, You should have a look in the file /etc/security/limits, you must have for oracle user ora<sid> the definition below:

[...]

ora<sid>:

fsize = -1

data = -1

stack = -1

fsize_hard = -1

cpu_hard = -1

data_hard = -1

stack_hard = -1

core_hard = 2097151

[...]

If not, update the file. Then logout, after that login and restart your installation process.

I hope this makes sense and gives the information to any body who facing on the same error message.

R. WAMBO

Edited by: rwambo on Mar 11, 2011 6:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

With the aide of a colleague, we worked out that my problem was I was trying to put my oracle database in /oracle/<SID>/sapdata. Apparently, you have to have an positive integer at the end. So I reran the install and put the database in /oracle/<SID>/sapdata1, and it worked fine.

Rookie mistake, I know.