cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do invoice condition values hit accounting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am picking up the billing item condition values from KWERT and the corresponding GL Account SAKN1 from the KONV tabke. KWERT gets stored with the sign. I need to know how this condition amount will hit accounting. Would it be a debit or a credit entry on the accounting side. How can I do this? I cannot use the debit/credit indicator BSEG-SHKZG as we have a summarization on the material and we are trying to re-determine in a custom code what amounts should have posted to BSEG by material. While I am getting the amounts correctly from KONV, I am not able to figure out how these amounts should be treated on the accoutning side - as a debit or a credit?

Example, on a regular invoice if the value is positive for a G/L account, on the accounting side the value is reverse in sign. However, this cannot be generalized as we can have many different types of invoices and different combinations.

Thanks,

Prayarna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The values from billing for different condtions pick accouting documents for the GL's that are assigned as per the required combinations set in VKOA transaction. We do the revenue account det here. Now the values on invoice with + ve are the ones we are going to receive from the customer, so the customer account is debited and you see a negative sign. A discount is in negative on invoice which goes positive to the customer and hence positive sign. Freight goes to a Freght revenue GL since it cannot really be accouted as revenue as we end up paying the transporter though we collect from customer.

you may need a functional consultant if you are already not one.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Generally the values in the invoice will be getting posted to accounting via ACCOUNT KEY in the pricing procedure.

So confi is not according to the different types of billing types, it is according to account keys

Hope this is helps u

regards,

Arun prasad