cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bakup Error. errno 13: Permission denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, we are having problems with our backups. This happen somedays, in general they work perfectly but sometimes they simply crash.

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2008-06-20 08.10.54

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2008-06-20 08.37.24

BR0134W Unattended mode with 'force' active - no operator confirmation allowed

BR0261E BRBACKUP cancelled by signal 2

BR0252W Function remove() failed for 'E:\oracle\MIS\sapbackup\.bdyemggv.lst' at location BrCleanup-6

BR0253W errno 13: Permission denied

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2008-06-20 08.37.27

BR0317I 'Alter tablespace PSAPSR3 end backup' successful

BR0317I 'Alter tablespace PSAPSR3700 end backup' successful

BR0317I 'Alter tablespace SYSAUX end backup' successful

BR0317I 'Alter tablespace SYSTEM end backup' successful

BR0056I End of database backup: bdyemggv.fnf 2008-06-20 08.37

BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors

This is our infrastructure:

Windows 2003 Server.

Oracle 10G

SAP ECC 6.0

Legato Networker

Please some tips.

Best Regards,

Erick ILarraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> BR0261E BRBACKUP cancelled by signal 2

> BR0252W Function remove() failed for 'E:\oracle\MIS\sapbackup\.bdyemggv.lst' at location BrCleanup-6

> BR0253W errno 13: Permission denied

Who is the owner of e:\oracle\MIS\sapbackup and who is executing the backup? Does the user have the permissions to write into that directory?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus, Legato has an Administrator user configured to run the backup. That user has complete access to that directory.

On the other hand, if you look the log of the backup, the brbackup command is executed with an oracle user with full access.

command_line brbackup -c force -u <user id>/************

Remember that in general it works without problems, but an user access problem probably don't let you to do nothing, and in fact we have successful backups sometimes..

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

This is a problem related to access authorization . Follow the following steps. This may resolve your problem.

Under user <SID>ADM in a command prompt window, change the access authorizations on the directory using the following commands:

cacls %ORACLE_HOME%\database /E /G ORA_OPER:F

cacls %ORACLE_HOME%\database /E /G ORA_%ORACLE_SID%_OPER:F

cacls %ORACLE_HOME%\database /E /G ORA_DBA:F

cacls %ORACLE_HOME%\database /E /G ORA_%ORACLE_SID%_DBA:F

If it is helpful than reward me

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. This error occurs if the User SAPService"SID" (in your case SAPServiceMIS) does not have authorization to 'E:\oracle\MIS\sapbackup\database'

folder. Go to security tab on this folder and give full authorization for this user. ( Or include this user in groups who allredy has required authorizations.)

But it's only warning,

"This happen somedays, in general they work perfectly but sometimes they simply crash"

can you post log from backup where "they simply crash". Can you check the "they work perfectly " is the online backup and "they simply crash" is offline ?

Are you use Win server 32 bit or 64 ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too am facing this exact same problem as stated by the OP. The two above me who have stated to add authorizations to the ORACLE_HOME/database directories.. the OP states that brtools is reporting permission denied when accessing the sapbackup dir and not the database dir.... the note that you got this information from also states the following:

When you access the directory %ORACLE_HOME%\database, the system displays the following warnings of BR*Tools on Windows platforms, for example:

BR0252W Function remove() failed for 'D:\oracle\PRD\102\database\sapPRD.ora' at location BrInitOraCreate-1

BR0252W Function remove() failed for 'D:\oracle\PRD\102\database\sapPRD.ora' at location BrInitOraCopy-7

This is not the same error as the OP.

Initially we had tried upgrading brtools from 6.20 to 6.40 to see if this problem still persists and it seems it still does, however less frequently.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The difference why it works sometimes and sometimes not may be related to the fact, who is actually starting the backup. Means, can you see a difference in the behaviour when you backup using DB13 or when you initiate the backup from Networker?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, thanks a lot for your reply.

Karan , In our case the problem is with the file: E:\oracle\MIS\sapbackup\.bdyemggv.lst'

I look into the directory E:\oracle\MIS\sapbackup the following groups have authorizations over the folder:

Administrators (<SID>ADM, SAPSERVICE<SID>)

ORA_DBA

ORA_MIQ_OPER

ORA_MIQ_DBA

SYSTEM

Authorizations:

Full Control

Modify

Read & Execute

Read

Write

In the case of the database directory only the Administrators, SYSTEM, and Authenticated users.

Full Control

Modify

Read & Execute

Read

Write

Sergo , the user SAPService<SID> belong to the group administrators that has the following authorizations on the folder:

Full Control

Modify

Read & Execute

Read

Write

Our server is AMD 64.

At the end of the backup log you can see this:

BR0056I End of database backup: bdyefrwd.fnf 2008-06-18 21.10.41

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2008-06-18 21.10.43

BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors

If you see it with the DB12 transaction you could see all in RED. Return Code 0005, I think this means that the backup crashu2026

The Backup is ONLINE.

Sev , we have BRTOOLS 7.0 our problem is with the file: E:\oracle\MIS\sapbackup\.bdyemggv.lst'

Markus, Our systems are confgured with Legato Networker. Can i run the backups with the DB13 transaction without change the configuration? Who will drive the Backup Library? And the robot...

Best Regards,

Erick ILarraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erick, i thought you have adjusted backup through DB13, in DB13 the backup starts under user SAPService<SID>. If you create backup under other user give him the permissions to E:\oracle\MIS\sapbackup folder. Your error like : during Backup creates .bdyemggv.lst file (temp file) and after can't be deleted --> "errno 13: Permission denied."

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo, I think is a problem with the Legato Library. In general you create a Legato Group and the Library backups all the data of the servers of that Group. We defined several groups (we have 12 servers). Sometimes there isn't sufficient time to backup all the data, since it grows, so the legato utility was overcharged.

So, we reduce the Backup Frequency of the non productive servers, the central idea was to redistribute the charges, so in this moment you don't have as much data as before to be backup.

As a result all backups are working, the productive server backups are perfect!! We didn't change any configuration, users, nothing.

Lesson: To be carefull with data grow!!

Best Regards,

Erick ILarraza

Answers (0)