cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one give me a brief me about SOA...related documents...

how is SOA implemented in XI...i mean ESOA.

is that totally different as we are doing xi or the same ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would sincerely request you to please search SDN before posting the question,you can see lots of response.

I m saying this coz SDN has changed its policy and now they are banning/closing account for even slightest breach of Rules of engagement

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

i searched in SDN...

but i coundnt find how ESOA is implemented in XI....

i want in lay man terms...not techie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already mentioned the same above in layman terms For more information read below.

Please refer these below links

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/esa

SOA - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture

How SOA Releated to XI

You definitely can go ahead with SAP XI if you want to implement an SOA model in the enterprise.

SAP XI can expose the interfaces as webservices. As you rightly mentioned all the 3 listed methods of integrations are not based on SOA as they are proprietary adapters and they cannot expose their services to the enternal world, at least in no straight-forward ways

The advantages and disadvantages of SAP XI which I can list are

Advantages:

1. SOA based integration model.

2. The proxy technology in XI gives the advantage of SOA based integration model in SAP integration scenarios. {which is otherwise is difficult (if not impossible) to achieve}

3. Greater extensibility and all the other advantages featured in SOA

4. The integration model of the enterprise will be the SAP recommended way.

Link

Thanks

Amit

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ESOA is the accronym forEnterprise Service Oriented Architecture.

Enterprise SOA is a blueprint for an adaptable, flexible, and open IT architecture for developing services-based, enterprise-scale business solutions. With SAP NetWeaver as a technical foundation, enterprise SOA moves IT architectures to higher levels of adaptability -- and moves companies closer to the vision of real-time enterprises by elevating Web services to an enterprise level.

An enterprise service is typically a series of Web services combined with business logic that can be accessed and used repeatedly to support a particular business process. Aggregating Web services into business-level enterprise services provides a more meaningful foundation for the task of automating enterprise-scale business scenarios.

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/esoa/docu_esoa_intro.htm

http://www.sap.com/platform/esoa/index.epx

http://www.sap.com/platform/esoa/businessbenefits/index.epx

Thanks,

Vijaya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is just a brief on ESOA:

Enterprise SOA is a business-driven software architecture that increases adaptability, flexibility, openness and cost efficiency. This architecture elevates the design, composition and management of Web services to address enterprise requirements.

With this architecture, organizations can improve reusability of software components and create agility in responding to change.

Based on open standards, enterprise services encapsulate enterprise functionality and expose it as a reusable service, which can also be combined with other services to meet new requirements. Defined by SAP, its partners and its customers, enterprise services can be quickly assembled to compose new applications and enable new business processes.

Enterprise services communicate business logic between software applications running on disparate platforms. By using enterprise services, IT departments can respond more quickly to changing business requirements, and they can reduce costs by taking new advantage of existing functionality in their landscape.

Business Benefits

Solves the integration headache while leveraging existing IT investments. In the past, when an individual piece of application functionality was changed, all interfaces and applications that touched this component also had to be changed. A key benefit of an enterprise services-enabled application is that its business functionality (what it does) is separated from the technical execution (how it does it).

Reduces overall IT costs by allowing companies to extend their existing IT infrastructure. Enterprise services allow companies to build new applications on top of existing ones, rather than, as in the past, having to either replace existing applications once a new business process is put in place, or spend a lot of time, effort and therefore money in building connections between existing applications.

Supports innovation by enabling companies to execute new business strategies faster, giving competitive advantage. Enterprise services allow companies to put together the applications needed to support new business processes in literally days rather than months. This enables them to save costs internally, but, more importantlyu2014in a world where most product innovations are rapidly commoditizedu2014it enables them to gain competitive edge by delivering new products or services to their customers faster.

Thanks

Saiyog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simple terms, there is nothing more than what you are doing in XI. It is just exposing and invoking WebServices in/from XI which will act as Central System (WebService Repository) and all the messages will be routed through XI only.

Thanks

Amit

Reward points id answer helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI 7.1 is associated with ESOA.

You can do a search on PI7.1 ESOA to look for more details.