cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective date for a record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on a project, where there is a requirement to hide the record till the effective date is kicked-off. For example, if I create the product record on 20-Jun-08 and mention the effective date as 20-Jul-2008, the record should not be available for any searches, syndication, etc.

Please let me know, if MDM supports this kind of a feature or going to support in any future releases?

Note: We are using MDM 5.5 with SP6

Thanks,

Surendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

As suggested, If you are using portal, then you can customize your search code in portal. Whenever user inputs some search criteria, your custom code will search the record in MDM using an additional search criteria like (System date >= Effective date). In this way your problem can be solved.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very valid requirement for Material/Products business areas. We had a similar reqmnt earlier and what we did was to form a custom search application using Java API. So whatever parameters user passes to MDM, internally we also used to pass SYSDATE and compare this Sysdate to Effective Date. On this basis we could search only for valid products.

And its a pretty simple application. Developers can build this within a week max!

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Current versions of MDM doesnt support this feature but you can use Mask functionality to show and hide the records but you have to maintain the masks maunally.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

0 Kudos

Try using an Expression Search in your searches and syndication map like following.

EffectiveDate>=SYSTIME(0)

I'm not sure this would work but give it a try.