cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access SAP using BEx icon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been unable to use BEx from different stations XP. After BEx icon is launched, Excel opens (macros are enabled). Settings and values are properly populated from GUI. User and password are rightly input. Then connection does not go through, and I get the error described at the buttom.

Do I have to configure the pc to load saprfc.ini file? If so, how and where should I do this? What parameters should the .INI file has?

I installed SAP gui710_8, but I still get the same error.

I have Excell 2002, but I did not work with Excell 2007 in a different computer.

Thanks for ant help

RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

CMALLC : rc=20 > Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed

Connect_PM GWHOST=<proper server ip shows here>, GWSERV=sapgw01, SYSNR=01

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host iqbw / sapgw01

ERROR partner not reached (host TOROON12-1178068989.sdsl.bell.ca,

service sapgw01)

TIME Wed Jun 20 10:27:29 2008

RELEASE 620

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 36

RC -10

MODULE ninti.c

LINE 969

DETAIL NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL SO_ERROR

ERRNO 10061

ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this

Note 447882 - RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION BEx Analyzer: no back end connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. The only think is that I do not have access to the Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Summary

Symptom

You want to access the customer system using the BEx Analyzer.The connenction fails:The system displays the error RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION.In the detail screen, the system displays message "Partner not reached" (host 192.168.4.2, service sapgw 00).

Other terms

SAP Gateway, RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION, partner not reached

Reason and Prerequisites

The SAP gateway host is deactivated or the TCP/IP port 33xx (where xx corresponds to the system number) is not open.

Solution

Issue statement ping <IP address> (In this example:192.168.4.2) No reply: Boot SAP Gateway host required.

An answer:Check whether the TCP/IP port 33xx is open (where xx corresponds to the system number) and start the SAP gateway.

The TCP/IP port is also partially defined in the services file as an sapgw<SID> or sapgwxx entry (where xx corresponds to the system number). The services file is in the Windows directory or in WinNT/System32/drivers/etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. For testing disable all Antivirus software and Firewall ( Integrated XP firewall to). Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just did it, and it did not work!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting better, faster and helpful answers from you than my system admin at school. I forwared your answer to them, so they open the 3301 port and start SAP gateway.

From my side, I checked the service file and it maps sapgw01 to 3301 port. Would be anything else that I can do, on my side?

Thank you soo much,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Deepak Sharma has written to you the maintenance of the note. If your SAP SERVER has firewall and antivirus software, try to disable it for testing only (Or open port like you say). After all was is done you could to work with BEX? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You won't believe it guys that my school has not got back to me. No even sending them the possible solution that you suggested. Anyways, until today I have not been able to use BEx from home and I have to rely on the system admin to check settings.

I just wonder which transaction I can run, at least to see if I have rights to run the SAp Gatway and to activate the port.

Could you please give me some notes? Is it the transaction to be run in BW server?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (0)