Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting View of Material Master to Foreign Trade: Export Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Does anyone know how to create a single user role that would provide change access to the Foreign Trade: Export Data view of the material master, without allowing change access to any of the other Sales views? I don't see a way to enable the Foreign Trade view without giving access to the other sales views.

Thanks,

RW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe it's faster to implement a new transaction with required authorization check. We have written a custom application with a small subset of fields from MM02 which updates material master using BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA. It's not taken too much time to develop it and it's pretty simple to maintain access to it.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

It is a complex requirement and needs lot of testing and trials too

We have done something similar to have the Material Types & View, in fact we have an Z-object that is a combination of M_MATE_STA and M_MATE_MAR. the purpose and need i guess is different from what you have. But a possible trial you could make is by creatin a new Z-Object, assign it to MM01, MM02 and MM03 in SU24 - in the abap code for MM01 have an authority check statement included on the Z-Object.

Here you would have to more careful than we were, since the authority on Foreign trade data is defaluted when you give access to the sales data (M_MATE_STA = V), you might have to manage with the check on the Z-Object combined with the Screen Number. (the screen number for Sales data and the foreign data is different)

DO bear in mind that this can cause lots of problems in managing authorizations if the scope keeps expanding (which i guess will expland ), i do face a lot of problems and lot of changes to the ABAP code due to ever growing needs on different filed restriction for the material master

Good Luck, is all that i can say

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe it's faster to implement a new transaction with required authorization check. We have written a custom application with a small subset of fields from MM02 which updates material master using BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA. It's not taken too much time to develop it and it's pretty simple to maintain access to it.

Cheers