cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have taken a copy of our development system and created a qs system.

Everything copied across without too many problems however we now have two SLD systems - one on Dev and one on QS. I am trying to find a way to either

remove SLD

or

disable SLD

anyone offer any advice as I cant seem to find any notes to help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the type of system and your SLD strategy... have a look in SDN at the SLD docs about all of this, there are some really good ones.

Advice on disabling is that is is a quick thing to do but you need to understand your environment to do so.

Here are some ground rules.

If you have copied the SLD also then it will have the same object server name. This must not be the case and if you want to retain your SLD then keep it.

Your QA systems are copies of DEV systems and so all pointers are currently pointing at the development SLD so it would be easy just to turn off your QA SLD.

However, if you want to keep you QA SLD and turn off DEV then you need to repoint all RZ70, repoint all J2EE VA SLD Provider service specifications (you should not have to redefine and dynamic RFC connections as the GUIDS will be the same)

I imagine since you are posting here that you have an NWDI and so that also needs consideration. If you want to keep NWDI pointing to the old dev then fine, job done. Repointing it to the QAS will require a bit of care and work and depends on where the namespace servers is and keeping apsswords then same in SLD etc etc... so. If you need to know this then let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

thanks for the reply. Although I wouldn't consider myself to be an expert I am learning

Basically I intended to used the DEV system as the NWDI and SLD system and QS and PS would simply be systems created and attached to the standard DEV SLD. However our basis consultant informed me that the quickest way to create a QS system was to copy the DEV and modify the QS acordingly.

I have subsequently undeployed the NWDI software components but cant seem to remove the SLD. I have had a look around SDN but not found any specific settings I need to set to stop SLD working on QS.

I therefore have a couple of questions...

1. can you removed SLD completely from a copied system?

2. Could you possibly provide me with a couple of links on SDN to tell me which parameters I need to change to disable SLD if I cant remove it completely.

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot remove it as it is an integral part of any J2EE, you just need to stop it running.

Log on to the QAS SLD (http<FQDN>:<port>/sld) as an SLD type administrator and go to the admin pages and click the Stop Server button.

Also log on to the Visual Administrator and go to the SLD data Supplier and make sure both definitions are pointing to dev rather than localhost. Everything else should be pointing to the dev sld if they are straight system copies.

regards

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

I have already made the pointing changes as you described below. I did notice the stop server button but if I stopped and restarted the QAS server - would I need to stop the server every time, or is it possible to not start the service on loading?

Cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that that status of the SLD server is retained through a restart and so if it is down when you stop, I believe it is down when you restart... try it

Answers (0)