Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dependancy in DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two DCs DC1 & DC2.

I wanted to use one view on DC2 in DC1. So, I declared DC2 as used DC for DC1 and used the view.

Now, I want to set 'Enable' property of some of the buttons of this view in DC2 based on value of the context attribute in DC1.

I can not declare DC1 as used DC for DC2 as it will lead to cyclic dependency. What should I do?

Any solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Apurva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apurva ,

get the context value from the dc2 and enable the button based on the value using External Context Mapping

For more information please refer this blog :

/people/sudhir.gorantla4/blog/2008/03/07/webdynpro-dcs-in-ce-71

thanks and Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Your DC2 which is declared as Public part and say called child DC.

Create a context in your interface controller same as context in your view controller of your DC2.

Similarly do for DC1 also.

Now In Parent DC1 use DC2 as Used DC's and then make an entry of the same in Used Web Dynpro Components

Embed Interface view controller of DC2 in your DC1 View.

Map the context of DC1 Interface Controller with DC2 Controller.

This will let you pass values to child DC through mapped attribues.

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I wanted to use one view on DC2 in DC1. So, I declared DC2 as used DC for DC1 and used the view.

Let us call DC1 as Parent Component and DC2 as a Child component.

>Now, I want to set 'Enable' property of some of the buttons of this view in DC2 based on value of the context attribute in DC1.

Map "Enable" to Interface Controller of Child component. Web Dynpro DCs can access context of other DCs only through Interface Controllers. Ensure that "Used Web Dynpro Components" of Parent component has Child Component. Open the Component Interface Controller of parent. Add Child Interface Controller as Required Controller(from the properties tab). Now you should be able to map the "Enable" to Interface controller of Parent. From there it can be mapped to either Component controller or View controller.

Cheers,

~kranthi