cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SRM MDM Catalog 2.0. The problem we are facing is that when we use masks to segregate different catalogs for end users, Shopping Lists stop working (as shopping lists are stored in the Masks table in Data Manager.)

To avoid this issue we started using named searches in the outbound parameters in SRM customizing but even that is causing issues.

Need your inputs.

Suitable points will be rewarded. TIA.

Regards,

Lalit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrade to SP06 solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Named Searches is really the way to go. Masks are static whereas NS dynamic.

What other problems are you running into by using NS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deon,

Error says as below:

"The restored Named searches contain invalid search selections, which have been removed for the current search. To correct this problem, restore each Named search, modify it as necessary, and then save it to the named search"

And we are doing nothing special.. we create a named search in the respective table. Return to Catalog Items table.. provide the selection criteria and goto --> Search (from top menu) and save as named search. And when we select 'Restore named search', we get the above error.

Now this is behaving sporadically, works for some and fails for others. I have no clue what is causing this. Do you think that we are missing a step while creating / assigning named searches?

Regards,

Lalit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Latit,

I have seen this error before if there is some invalid data in the repository.

Deon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deon,

I'd be grateful to you if you could just help me understand what do you mean by 'invalid data'. Probably explain me how u identified the erroneous data and rectified it at ur end.

TIA.

Regards,

Lalit.

Edited by: Lalit Manchanda on Jun 30, 2008 1:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Use Transaction SPRO

While creating the external webservice in SRM, you can define the mask there.

Have you tried with this?

Hope this will solve your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

We did try using Masks, but that doesn't allow users to add items to the Shopping List.

Regards,

Lalit.