cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docs in Delivery process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What are all the documents created during delivery process(like Bill of Lading, Pick LIst, Pack List).

What is their purpose? From where i can create those documents? (Transaction codes)

What is the purpose of Bill of lading? Where i can create this document and what is the config needed? (Pls gmme practical example)

Can some one walk me thru whole delivery process with an example like what exaclty happens in storage location after creating pick list?

Thank you

ANil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I will try to highlight the whole delivery process

After Entering the Sales Order, If the complete order can be delivered, a delivery is created after which a goods issue is done in SAP. The delivery note created in SAP acts as a pick request for the warehouse to pick the order. The picked quantities are then manually updated in the delivery note. A goods issue in SAP depletes the stock levels in the system and makes a financial posting to reduce the value of the stock. This usually happens when the actual physical goods leave the warehouse to be delivered.

A goods issue process results in a material and accounting documents being created in SAP. The creation of the delivery note, updating the pick quantities and goods issue can be done directly in the delivery note. When the goods issue is done, the shipping notification message is automatically triggered and sent to Navision. The shipping notification provides a due date to Navision when the complete order (total quantity of all requested items) will arrive at the sales office.

Bill of lading : A bill of lading (sometimes referred to as a BOL or B/L) is a document issued by a carrier, e.g. a ship's master or by a company's shipping department, acknowledging that specified goods have been received on board as cargo for conveyance to a named place for delivery to the consignee who is usually identified.

By creating Delivery by VL09N, most of the documents create Automatically.

Hoope this will help.

Reward Point if helpful.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (0)