cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error handling problem with outbound idoc status 02 and XML HTTP Port

Former Member

I set up an ALE scenario to send master data out of SAP via an XML HTTP port. All goes well until the idoc receives error 02.

It looks like idocs in this error status with the use of an XML HTTP port can not be reprocessed via the standard SAP techniques. Program RBDAGAIN takes them out of the list for reprocessing (even though the connection is back up and running).

Is there any solution to still use the standard ALE error handling ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

Looks like based on note 701597, you can only reprocess these idocs manually via a workitem. I qouted the relevant text below:

3. Error handling with status '02':

An HTTP IDoc in status '02' should not automatically be sent once again.

Up to now, the RBDAGAIN report was used to resend incorrect IDocs.

However, this report was adjusted and now deletes all IDocs in status 02

to be routed to a HTTP port from the list of selected IDocs. IDocs to a

HTTP port in status '02' should only be sent manually via a work item.

Regards:

Rex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information, so does this mean I need to set up workflow ? Or does SAP provide reports that would allow me to reprocess these idocs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you have to setup a workflow worktitem to capture a technical error such as this. It is best practice to have technical workitems capture ALE technical errors anyway.

Have you tried if transaction BD87 would be able to handle this? I doubt it if RBDAGAIN doesn't handle it, but worth investigating.

Or you can edit the IDoc and resend it via RBDAGAIE. (Not recommended, just throwing out options)

Regards,

Rex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Editing the idoc does not work as it checks the prior error status. Also transaction BD87 does not work, as it calls program RBDAGAIN which works as described in the OSS note.

Another solution could be to copy program RBDAGAIN and take out the delete statement. I tried it and it works, however not sure that is good practice either! For master data ALE I do not see the problem, however I am more concerned for transactional data.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I never tried setting up ALE with workflow so I will try that one as well and see if that gives any standard SAP solution to my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed it, found OSS note 857321, SAP provides program to automatically resend these idocs.