SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Reconcilation Statement in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new for this FICA. We are doing BRS in fico.

But in FICA also we are receiving incoming as well as outgoing check.

My doubt can we do the BRS in one step for FICA payments and FICO Payments. If so or if not, Could you please give me the steps with transactions code.

It would be very helpful for my project.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Sri ram.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable reply..

Still i am not clear this function. Can you explain me the below statement with flow. if you can, it would be very helpful for me.

_**. Transfer Chq documents to FICO from FICA on 1:1 basis. For this one need to enhance an event & user exit. Here it is assumed that Invoice number or chq no is present in the incoming bank file. Then you can view the BRS details in FS10N in FICO**

Thanks

Sri ram.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

BRS is possible in FICA. But before that we need to understand what all the info you are receiving from the bank.

There are 4 ways of doing BRS in FICA

1. Transfer Chq documents to FICO from FICA on 1:1 basis. For this one need to enhance an event & user exit. Here it is assumed that Invoice number or chq no is present in the incoming bank file. Then you can view the BRS details in FS10N in FICO

2. Update Chq details report <FPCHR> in FICA via an interface using FPB12. Here status of the chqs are updated in FPCHR.

3. Go for a customized report in FICA showing a chq is encashed or not. You may not get accurate results as design is going to be very complicated.

4. Update FPCHR manually in FICA.

Coming to your Question

My doubt can we do the BRS in one step for FICA payments and FICO Payments. If so or if not, Could you please give me the steps with transactions code.

I'd say 'YES' if you go for option 1 above . It all depends what all the info you are getting in the bank file, file format you use etc.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Points!!!

Former Member

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable reply..

Still i am not clear this function. Can you explain me the below statement with flow. if you can, it would be very helpful for me.

_**. Transfer Chq documents to FICO from FICA on 1:1 basis. For this one need to enhance an event & user exit. Here it is assumed that Invoice number or chq no is present in the incoming bank file. Then you can view the BRS details in FS10N in FICO**

Thanks

Sri ram.

0 Kudos

Hello,

hmm...it is not a simple question to answer!!!

Ok..what I mean is

When it is identified that a customer needs to be paid u2018Refundu2019; one would create a repayment request , selecting u2018Repayment Requestu2019 check box & appropriate out-going payment method. With this all the repayments intended for refund would be paid.

Next u2018Transfer to GLu2019 <<FPG1>>program would be executed u2013where upon all the FICA items only single entry would be passed for amount £150 in FI-GL.

Now, when EBS statement is uploaded, the program is unable to determine the cheque refund document it would knock off.

Limitations of existing solution

It has been identified the following are problems are faced for 1:1 reconciliation of refunds.

1. Documents from FICA are transferred to SAP R/3 at summary level- not at itemised level.

2.EBS details contain details of each and every check en-cashed by the customer(s).

3.As documents from FICA are transferred to SAP R/3 at summary level no details of check are stored in SAP R/3. As-a-result, during EBS upload,one is not sure whether a particular cheque that has been issued in FICA is being en-cashed by the customer or not

Proposed solution for Cheque Refund Reconciliation

The solution for the above problem has been identified at two levels:

1.To transfer FICA-Cheque Refund items to SAP R/3 at item level instead of summarised level.

2.To enhance user exit FEB00001-so that based on the Cheque number that exists in the EBS file; it can clear the SAP R/3 document posted via FICA to GL transfer.

How to transfer FICA items to SAP R/3 at Item level

1.Be it for Repayment requests <T-Code FPTCRPO> or for Payments <T-Code FPY1>, Payment method is obligatory.

A separate document type has been attached to each and every payment method via T-Code FQP1

For Cheque Refund document type u2018CIu2019 is attached.

As a result whenever payment program is executed with any of these payment methods, payment document types shall be created with respective document types attached to the respective payment method.

Now next step is how to transfer documents created in u2018Cheque refundu2019

Payment Program to SAP R/3 at itemised level instead of summary level. For this, an event 0061 has been identified. In this FM, few steps of code has to added in such a way that during the transfer of items from FICA to SAP R/3, documents with document type u2018CIu2019 would have 1:1 items in SAP R/3. i.e. for each & every u2018CIu2019 document type in FICA, there would be a corresponding SAP R/3 posting.

Now with the customized FM, all the Cheque Refund documents created in FICA would be transferred to SAP R/3 ON 1:1 basis instead at summarized level.

The next and foremost step is enabling the EBS program to recognise the SAP R/3 document it has to clear when a cheque is en-cashed <received via EBS file>.

For this we need to enhance user exit FEB00001 for user exit enhancement.

Now upload your bank file after creating refunds in FICA, Transferring them to FI-GL. You can view BRS in FS10N for your GL.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

I'd appreciate points if found useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Very good answer. I think lot of workaround is there.

Still i am getting confuesion.

I could able to outgoing payment through FPY1 and we are posting incoming payment through FP25 where you can give check number.

Can we use the FICO clearing account ( Cheque Issued out and Cheque Received in) for both incoming and outgoing payment.

Also,I am not getting any config documents for this. I feel if i get some documents it would help to solve this issue.

Can any one send the document for this solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have suggested the above for Outgoing Chqs only <FPY1>. The same was tried successfully in earlier proj intially but later on replaced with some other solution coz of info we got from the bank.

For Incoming you can try applying the same but you need to add appropriate code there...

u r mail?

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

can you find my in my business card

thanks

Edited by: Sri ram A on Jun 20, 2008 2:34 PM

0 Kudos

There is no mail id visible

Rdgs