Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Vs XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am developing webservices in Netweaver Developer Studio,

i just wanted to know how XI is different over Netweaver, and want to compare Pros and Cons of the both

Thanks and Regards

Chaitanya.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI Webservice: Actually in XI, the sender channel is exposed as a web service. What ever the back-end is, according to technical and logical routings set, the messages are get flowed in between sender and receiver.

NWDS Webservice: NWDS has a Web Service Creation Wizard you can use to expose a simple Java class as a Web Service. Client proxies for the Web Service (both deployable and standalone) can be created. Proxies provide a client API that consumers of the Web Service can use to make Web Service calls. Furthermore, some configuration parameters of the proxy can be modified using WAS administration tools. This feature is helpful in situations where the proxy is generated when the Web Service is hosted in one environment (the developer environment, for example) and then the Web Service and the proxy are moved to a production environment. The Client Proxy Wizard lets the developer choose the Web Services Description Language (WSDL) for the Web Service from a file on the file system, a URL on the Internet, a Web Service on the specified WAS instance, or from the UDDI.

With the Web Service Creation Wizard, either Web Services or virtual interfaces can be created. Virtual interfaces are a proprietary SAP mechanism used to expose parts of a Web Service as a separate Web Service. So, multiple views of a single Web Service can be created for consumption by different clients. Apart from hiding some of the Web Service operations, Virtual Interfaces are also useful for renaming operations and parameters, setting default values for parameters, and changing parameter types.

go through [creating NWDS webservice|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5839] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; blog.

nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil Bos on Jun 23, 2008 9:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chitanya,

The tool your using to create webservice is Netweaver environment, xi is part of netweaver. my understanding of your question is Your creating Java webservice in NWDS, you can create a webservice in XI or you can create webservice in ABAP. so you wanna know difference between all these.

my Suggestion would be it depends on your requirement the stack that your using to create webservice.

Xi will come into picture when you have integration scenarios, whereas java or abap webservices will act as standalone. everything has pros and cons of its own, but again it depends on your requirement.

Let me know if you need some more information on any of these points.

Venkat.