cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing - mask; transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could anyone explain me, how I can adjust masks or transactions in SAP? I've to make a powerpoint presentation about Customizing in SAP. I've already defined some cost centres and disribution channels. Now I want to define an mandatory field.

Could someone give me some advise?

Kind regards

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "adjust masks"? And why do you need to define mandatory fields?

Could you explain a bit more?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example change the order of fields in transaction MB1A or delete fields.

I don't have to definde mandatory fields, I just wanted to know if it is possible. If there is a field in a mask and I want this field to be filled every time therefor I thougt it would be best to use mandatory fields.

Do you know if it is possible to define those fields?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mask = dynpro/screen, if I'm allowed to step in (german: "Maske"...)

It is not advisable to directly change SAP standard screens as part of a modification, but there are an abundance of customizing settings in all areas that allow you to set fields to mandatory, suppressed an so on. Start with transaction SPRO and work your way down.

One example: transaction OBD4 for maintaining field status of G/L accounts (double-click on any account group)

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Thomas, check SPRO and look if you can customize it for your needs. But in case of MB1A, I don't think you can change the obligatory fields. These transactions rely on those mandatory fields to be filled.

PS: Thomas, thanks for clarifying "mask".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answeres. I'll check out SPRO!

If've looked up the translation für ("Maske") in a dictionary. Sorry for the bad translation.

Regards Oliver

Answers (0)