Did you mean: 

why adobe forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i want to learn adobe forms.

i need clear idea what is adobe forms.

when we should go to adobe form?

and i know that the adobe forms are user interactive forms.

means we can enter the values in the form and save in the table

both off line and on line.

i need more information

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Interactive Forms allows enterprises to eliminate redundant and

inaccurate data and improve the speed with which they can

respond to customer needs and changing business requirements.

End users access interactive PDF forms directly from Web Dynpro.

The forms can be prepopulated with information stored in the

SAP application based on the useru2019s role in the business process.

End users can then add supplementary information or update

existing information directly in the interactive form u2013 online

or offline.

After the user enters data into the form, the data can be validated

for appropriate format, using client- or server-side validation.

Also, calculations u2013 such as current interest rate or overtime

premiums u2013 can be made using Web services or direct application

programming interface (API) connections with Web Dynpro.

When the user submits the interactive PDF form back to the SAP

application, the data is automatically transferred from the form

to the SAP application using XML.

The users can fill up the forms even when they are not in office, they just need a

computer. The form can be saved and can be uploaded when ever, they are able

to access the portal.

These forms even have print / emailing facility with which the users can email / print

the forms.

By using these forms, an organization will allways be able to save a lot of employee time

and reduce the paper work and above all, provides a new dimension to flexibility.

I believe, I would have solved your query, if not, reply back I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers

Umang

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new SAP forms solutions comprises two Adobe components:

Adobe Live Cycle Designer, an easy-to-use form design tool, you can access directly in the development environments for both ABAP (ABAP Workbench) and Java (SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio).

Adobe document services, a set of Web services that run on the Java engine of SAP Web Application Server

9. What do I need the Adobe document services for?

The document services are the run-time component of Interactive Forms and have two fundamental tasks:

Creating a PDF file (and other output formats in print scenarios) by merging a form template with current system data for output.

Extracting user-entered data (stored in XML format inside the PDF) from interactive forms and return the data to the system

Smart forms

1) Smart Forms is a technology for printing SAP data, release 4.70.

2) The Smart Form needs to be defined with transaction SMARTFORMS. The application program retrieves data from the database and is passed to the function module generated by the Smart Form. The application program, which collects data, has to be written. In many cases, a standard print program is copied, modified and then reused.

3) Faster then PDF.

4) Require no additional installations.

5) Smart forms / scripts are used to show the data in SAP. Most likely you will use these to print / display some kind of receipts / forms. Many companies must be using this for hard copies / ALE / EDI or to transfer data from SAP to others.

All new forms delivered with the ERP will be PDF-based in future. PDF was introduced in 2002. PDF forms can be static or dynamic

and interactive or non-interactive.

2) A print program also needs to be written. The PDF form template, consuming data from its interface, is called by the generated function module. The call to the web service and the PDF is physically built during runtime. The Adobe Live Cycle Designer is used when you have lots of forms to develop. You can enhance the custom objects in the ALD. Can reduce the time needed for developing.

3) Slower compared to Smart forms.

4) PDF requires a J2EE stack with ADS installation and proper configuration.

5) Adobe forms are used to post data into SAP from SAP too. So this has an additional feature compared to smart forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sripathi,

Adobe forms can be used in Online & Offline scenarios and provides the user with the feel of traditional paper forms. Ease of filling the forms offline and then sending the filled form using mail or electronically gives the flexibility. Offline forms can be generated and circulated offline unlike the portal where a user need to be online to fill up data and create requests.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.