cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About printing barcode in SAP system using SmartForm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, I have some matters about printing barcode in SAP system using SmartForm. I feel very anxiety. My SAP's version is R/3 4.70.

Though had reading SAP NOTE 645158, I only use new barcode technology to do it in SmartForm without middleware(hardware\software) and barcode DLL file. So, I hope i do not use printer's MISS/DISS moudle or DLL file and so on, then I also am enable to directly implement to print barcode in SAP system using SmartForm.

I follow these operateing step, but I can't correctly show the barcode on SmartForm. and I don't know how to do and correct my operateing step. My operateing steps are following:

1) T_code: SPAD:

I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

continue:

I copy the existing device type 'HPLJ5' to user-defined 'ZHPLJ5' , and create a new output devices named 'zbarcode_print' using device type 'ZHPLJ5' .

2) T_code: SE73:

I creat new system barcode named 'BAR_KHB'. and I creat a new printer barcode on the new device type 'ZHPLJ5' . the Prefix is existing SBP04, and the Suffix is existing SBS01.

3) T_code: SMARTFORMS:

a): I create a new style named 'ZSTYLE_BARCODE' and character Formats named 'F1'. On character Formats 'F1', I select the bar code name is 'BAR_KHB'.

b): then I create form named 'ZSF_BARCODE' and put the style nemed 'F1' into main window TEXT element.

c): I run the form's Function module and I select the output device is ''zbarcode_print'. but the barcode is shown black block and white block equidistantly, they aren't like a correct barcode.

What reasons? wait for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

In SE73, create System barcodes, not printer barcodes.

- goto se73

- Select radio button System Bar Codes, click on change.

- There, in menu bar u can find create button.

Create a barcode using the above procedure.

In Tcode: Smartforms, goto to styles, create a character format(select a barcode) as u did.

In ur smartforms use barcode. eg , <F1>1000150</>.

select the ur local printer name and excute. u will see a barcode for 1000150.

Hope this is helpful to u.

Thanks,

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, I have succeeded to finish the barcode output in smartforms ,thanks for your help on here.

I find out the reason that the new barcode technology only is used in Version ECC 5.0 or higher Version, and isn't used in Version R/3 4.7 and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kairine,

Your steps should be like the following:

1. SE73 - Create New barcode Font using either code 39, code 128, PDF417 and etc (here you should check whether you have the new barcode technology, I'm using ECC 5.0, so already have).

2. SMARTFORMS - Create new style using the barcode font you created in SE73

3. SMARTFORMS - create new form

1) Include the barcode style in Form Attributes

2) create a text element using the barcode character format