cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict saving of a sales order without a material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Please advice How to restrict saving of a sales order without a material. That is the system saves the order even if no item is assigned to it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahgu,

One of the way to do this is:

1) In your Incompletion procedure for your Sales Order type (If it is standard order OR, the IC procedure is 11), insert a new field as VBKD POSNR and you can assign a IC status as 01.

2) In your order type confirmation in VOV8 tcode, mark the check box for 'Incomplete message' in the sub box ' Transaction flow'

This will prevent your sales order from getting saved without a material.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet Biswas

I assigned the filed at header incompletion, and now it restricts while saving the order. Could you please advice me that which screen to assign in incompetion log so that when clicking it in sales order incompletion can be processed.

Since the POSNR is for item level but incompletion log we are assigning at header so I am not able to find the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that's one of the problems with this method. You cannot assign any logical screen so you have to come back to the original overview screen and fill the material.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu !

You can create an Incompletion Procedure for the Item level. In this procedure, add the field "Net weight".Now assign the procedure to the Item category.

Go to tho " Sales document Type" and activate the "Incompletion message" field/check box. Now if you create a Sales order with out entering a Material, system will not find any weight as a result it will not allow you to save the order till you enter a material.

This is the easier way to solve this issue.

Regards

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ARGHU,

go to the incompletion procedure of the item, there u wl find the material field is maintained as mandatory, pl uncheck it.

now u can save the doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

In standard SAP we can not do that. Even for some requirements of the customer this feature is required, specially in case of milestone billings, custom materials etc. client after saving the empty sales order they may create materials based on that sales order number.

If it is mandatary for u to save sales order only after the entry of the materials, u can try user exits or go for a code with the help of an ABAPer.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

Edited by: ravi duggirala on Jun 20, 2008 11:11 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu

Standard will not allow you to save an order without a material. Can you please confirm whether you are just asking confirmation from this forum or bcoz you are able to save the order without a material ?? If your answer is second one, then you need to check all IMG settings.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arijeet

Thanks for the help.

Dear Lakshmipathi

Could you please help me specifying which config I need to check in specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can think of the foll. :

Use the user exit(userexit_save_document_prepare), which is used before saving the SO and code accordingly to check the item is not blank.

Reward, if useful.

Rgds,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

normally the sales order wil not save w/o material eneterd

regards.

Arun prasad