cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much time it takes to create static content as an iview in EP using web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How much time it takes to create webdynpro application as an iview with lot of static content.we are doing estimates.please suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If assume webdynpro application already exists and need to be deployed in portal omgeving as iview then it is

not much work.But if you have to create webdynpro application and then use it in portal depends on the complexity of the application.In anycase more work in WebDynpro.In my experience in a day i could create one application ,with one component using other DC components, 5 screens with mainly similar functionalities like display,insert,update,delete.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If it is all static content, it could be as easy as building an HTML page, making it accessable on the server and then implementing a iFrame in your Web dynpro application which points to this HTML page. Depending on how complex the static content is, would be a factor in how long it takes. Using Dreamweaver to build the HTML document would help. An experienced web developer working on the HTML page, and a web dynpro developer should be able to bang this out very quickly. Less than a day.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the actual senario.There is already partner portal existed which is developed in .NET .As part of this portal ,static web pages are being called from content management system(i.e this is customer own built,this is having around 110 static pages,but they also have the admin tool for this to add content to static pages whenever it is required).now customer wants replace everything in EP.in this senario if i want to replace static webpages from content management system with EP,what is the best approach?should i need to use KM?or develop static webpages in portal?which is easy to implement and faster.please help me in this regard