cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i access RFC Function module in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a RFC fm in BI system which will allow me to write data into BI DSO, but when i am trying to select that from BI system their is no option to select a service, but when we go to ECC or CRM we can find option Service through with we can select BAPI or FM (RFC enabled)

is their a option or a workaround for me to do it please.

thanks and regards

Neel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neel,

You BI can be seen as a BI (queries) or to see Function. You can have both ways.

/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/03/14/how-to-create-a-portal-system-for-using-it-in-visual-composer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f9/1c7f409cd50a1ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the links but these doesn't mention how to access Function modules from BI in VC model.

thanks and regards

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

Please have a look at these threads and related links:

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

I thought the problem was connection between VC and your backend. The links provided show how to set your backend system.

If you have your system in place, you have only to 'Find Data' select your system, find your BAPI and drag it to the design area.

regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

Do the following Checks first:

1. Go to the Find data tab and select the System(System alias will apeear ) you had designed form the Drop down of list of systems .If you are not able see the sytem here means you did not done the usermapping.

2.if you are able to find your system in the drop down the in the Search for service option eneter the quiery or FM or your Bapi/RFC name and the click on serach button.

if still you have problem plz contact me without any problem

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have created another system in portal for BI with System type as R/3 and now i assume that it should automatically visible for me to select in VC but to my surprise the system is not appearing.

Do we need to make any settings in VC or else in portal for this system to be visible in VC find data tab.

thanks and regards

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

Have you checked this blog on how to create a portal system for using in VC? If not, please do /people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/03/14/how-to-create-a-portal-system-for-using-it-in-visual-composer

Also, configuration has to be done in portal, not in VC.

Let me know if it helps

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vani,

We have done the system creation as per this blog only and that too in portal, but still its not displaying in VC, are their any settings which we need to make the system to be displayed in VC.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks and regards

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You defined the BI system as R3 System right?

so try with System type as BI i.e SAP_BW system.

because if you want to drag services into vc you should define the BI sytem as R3 and if you want todrag the quierys into vc you should define the Syetm as SAP_BW.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have already have system for BI queries but i actually wanted BAPI of BI so wanted a system which can allow to consume services.

So i have defined second system as R/3.

thanks and regrads

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok Good .

Just check the below wiki page also:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/portalSystemList]

Regards,

Govindu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can Consume the the BI system in VC.

First you have to define your system in the portal then creat an Alias for that system after that do the usermapping for the System access (with the Credentials of sytem) .

then your sytem will be appear in VC

Then serach for your service in BI and use it.

see the Blog for more details:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6068] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already my BI system is configured in portal and i am using it for Queries but unable to see any FM RFC enabled also not visible. only i can look for queries and views

thanks n regards

Neel