cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing - Number Range Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

-- How can I give external number range to a Invoice?

I have assigned an external no. range but in invoice (f2) it is not taking that.Invoice is not taking external no. range.

-- Also my client wants the same no. range for invoice and proforma invoice. But Invoice should be assigned to external no. range and proforma invoice to be assigned to internal no. range.

e.g. my client creates a proforma invoice. The proforma invoice no. is 55.

So when he will create a invoice he can give externally the 55 no. and save it. So both invoice and proforma invoice should have same number.

How to configure this?

Reward points for helpful answer.

Regards

Ashis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like the others have suggested there's no possiblity of assigning an external number range to a Billing document, since a billing document type doesn't have a facility to accept an external number range.

If you want to have same nos. for both Invoice and Proforma, my suggestion to you will be:

you have to create a Proforma from a Z-report with the help of your ABAPer, with a no. that you get from your Invoice, but first have a posting block for your Billing document type and then create an Invoice and save it and then the no. that you get here, put it in Proforma and later when you are ready to have your Invoice, manually post your Invoice and Print it for Customer purpose.

This is a suggestion, based on your client's aproval.

Rewards points if you find this helpful. Kindly close this thread when you receive a satisfactory answer.

Regards.

Venkat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more option to try for :

1. In Billing User Exit, when the Proforma Invoice is getting created with reference to Delivery, make the code changes to populate a Z Table. That Z Table should have Delivery number and Proforma Invoice Number both.

2. When F2 invoice is getting created, at that time, the Billing User Exit should compare the Delivery number ( entered in VF01 ) with Z Table records for that Delivery. Once the record is identified, the User Exit can populate the same number as the Proforma Invoice number in that record.

Please let us know your feedback on the options suggested by the group members.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to assign an external no range to billing document type. Such option is not there while configuring billing document type itself as they are sensitive documents as per the Government norms.

Through standard configuration it is not possible to have the same number for proforma as well as invoice.

Regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for billing documents there should not be externel no range if you want same no range for invoice and proforma invoice it is not possible to give externel no so assign the same no range for invoice and proforma invoice then create these two alternately

regards

srini1379