Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSD from XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have the following scenario:

I will receive a SOAP message from another application (Web Application) which will be calling my scenario in XI as a Web Service. Then, I will have to send one synchronous XML request to an external Web Server ove HTTP, receive a response, and then with the data from the response, send another XML asynchronous request over HTTP again.

Given that the Web Server that receives and sends XML over HTTP waits for standard XML format and I have been provided with the XML samples that I have to send and receive each time, how should I start?

I thought of producing the XSD's from XML with a corresponding tool, since they are a little bit complex, then import the XSD in XI and create the graphical data type. Is this the right sequence? Or should I create an external definition from the XSD produced?

Also, do you think that BPM is innevitable for this scenario?

Best Regards

Evaggelos Gkatzios

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I request you to create External defination with

xsd produced.

one more thing, you are planning for sysnc-sync.

is it rt?, then you can proceed with out BPM.

warm reagrds

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have one such tool in mind? In order to produce the XSD's??

The scenario is asynchronous request from Web Service application, the synchronous call to HTTP Web Server, and then one more asynchronous call to HTTP Web Server.

I guess I will need BPM.

Evaggelos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually it is not possible from structure we can produce actual context. from content we cannot produce structure.

Suppose in xml

<grade>2</grade>

here if you want to convert to xsd. How it will treat the element is string or int. These kind of issues you will face while converting xml to xsd.

But from xsd to xml you will mention as string then it will take any thing.

I think you got the problem.

Thanks,

RamuV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check these replies..seems they had the same discussion...

it helps you i guess..

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

then import the XSD in XI and create the graphical data type. Is this the right sequence? Or should I create an external definition from the XSD produced?

Your generated XSD acts as a message type so...u don't need to create a data type for that.Import your XSD into External defintions of your interface objects.

Also, do you think that BPM is innevitable for this scenario?

Yeah you need to go for a BPM..

Thanks,

Vijaya.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Using xomLite45.jar you can convert the XML file to XSD file.

Java u2013jar xomLite45.jar MyFile.xml

Here you ll get MyFile.xsd in the same directory

After you can import the xsd file in your External Definition

Download this article from sdn

How to generate XSD Schemas from existing MDM 5.5 SP4 & SP5 repositories

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf0e8a97-0d01-0010-f0a2-af3b18b7...

with regards

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Where I can get xomLite45.jar ?

Evaggelos

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Following is the path where you could get the PDF's and zip file.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/howtoguides?rid=/webcontent/uuid/5024a59a-4276-2910-7580-f52eb789194... [original link is broken]

please check out the following Heading, and at the bottom corner you will find the download option where you will get the zip file: