Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ack from SAP R/3 to file..

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement in our scenario like this where in we are posting the PLM data from Windchill to SAP R/3,

From Windchill we are getting the data as an XML where we can read through file adapter and in the SAP side we are using RFC adapter to connect with SAP R/3, After updating the data in the R/3 we need some acknowledgment from the SAP R/3 system whether succesffully uploaded the data or not.. is it necessary to use BPM if so how can we get ACK the BPM's basically sends response when it delievers the data from XI server.

Can any one suggest the solution..

regards

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You don't need to use a BPM for that..

Do this way..

Create two synchronous message interfaces...

OUTbound---give file as your output message and input message as your acknowledgement structure...

INbound---you don't need to do because your RFC acts at interface level..

In interface mapping use these too...and map between file structure and RFC request(sources)...and map between RFC response(have some data for ack purpose) and RFC response(target structures).

Configure file adapter at sender side and RFCa dapter at receiver end.

Hope this will do.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

I actually dont need any information or data from the target SAP System, instead i should know whether the data which i send from the sender side was successfully uploaded to the SAP or not should be known..

for this should i need to declare a structure in the resopnse of RFC ...

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of file adapters generally we don't get ne acks back...that is why i suggested you that way..

Just declare a string in export parameters and whenever the data is posted succesfully make that as'DATA processed succesfully" and capture it.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Can you send me some example scenarios for this..

regards

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

Check these replies..they had the same discussion..

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Please reward if helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create a file-rfc-file scenario for that no need of BPM.

using rfc import export parameters in R/3 .here the export parameters will have the acknowledgemnt you just need to dump it in a file

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one suggest any inputs for solving this problem..

regards

kishore