NW2004s Installing error

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

im getting the following error during the installation

[code]

ERROR 2005-12-21 15:59:59

CJS-30129 Creating node $(DIR_TRANS) with type DIRECTORY failed. Original exception text was: syslib.filesystem.nodeCreationFailed:

Unable to create node
ThinkPad4\sapmnt\ with type DIRECTORY: can't create parent node..

CJS-30129 Creating node $(DIR_TRANS) with type DIRECTORY failed. Original exception text was: syslib.filesystem.nodeCreationFailed:

Unable to create node
ThinkPad4\sapmnt\ with type DIRECTORY: can't create parent node..

FCO-00011 The step createSystemDirectories with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|createSystemDirectories was executed with status ERROR .

INFO 2005-12-21 16:01:14

An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|createSystemDirectories".

[/code]

Anyone has any idea what could be the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same error and despite installing the Looback Adapter and setting permissions the problem still occurred.

I was installing from a CD onto which I had saved the installation files.

I eventually copied all the installation files onto the drive where I was trying to install and then everything worked fine.

Regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I had the same error, and got around it by adding the SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin group in local group SAP_LocalAdmin on SAP transport host.

Probably broke a few security rules - but it works.

Thanks, Matt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marks/Matt

1.Install MS Loopback adapter

2.Disable WindowsFirewall(ControlPanel->SecurityCenter->WindiowsFirewall)

This shold work

Rgds

-SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus:

You host name is ThinkPad4 ?

Please take a look to note 611361; you can have a hostname issue here.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

NetWeaver Certified Consultant

http://www.gazum.com

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Frederico,

yes ThinkPad4 is my Computername. I just took a look at note 611361 and actually i do meet any of the criterias.

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same error. After installing Loop-back network adapter everything worked. It is not mentioned in Installation Guide but it mentioned as requirement list.

I hope this will help.

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've installed MS Loopback adapter, but still got the same error messages.

I've read the note and also have tried several tricks, such as adding hostname into ../etc/host still no use.

Regards,

Zulfikar Dharmawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikar ,

I had the same problem - installed loopback, share the directory usr/sap as sapmnt, set incremental permissions for all useres... and adding Information etc/hosts and service. After I restartet the install procedure several times, it "jumps over" from pahse 3 to the next phases - hope that the install process now finally works till phase 31 and all services will start as desired.

Before I installed again (I guess the 4th time last weekend ) - I uninstalled previous Versions. First I used the Uninstall provided by the registry cleaningtool and the sapinstall > uninstall procedure - but still there were sap-directories, sap services running and several settings in my registry aktivated.

Because of this, I deleted the sapdb, usr and programs/sapinstall file structure.

I guess, previous registry settings were the reason, why I couldn't select the default-name "J2E" Instance anymore ... With msconfig > services I deactivated sap-processes. Reboot of the notebook and used the XP-Tool regedt32 to delete SAP, SAPJ* and LEGACY_SAP* Settings in my registry - the notebook reboot was fine. After this "deeper" registry cleaning I could use the default naming conventions "J2E" 00, 01 again.

best regards

Rainer