cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PERSDATA_CHANGE / BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE from .Net through Webservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to change Employee Personal Data by calling BAPI_PERSDATA_CHANGE

from .Net through webservice created by using Function Module-> WebService Wizard.

Problem is that I get error "The employee/applicant is not locked yet".

I know that I must call the following three BAPI's :

BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE

BAPI_PERSDATA_CHANGE

BAPI_EMPLOYEE_DEQUEUE

The external call from .Net to BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE does not lock the record (as seen in SM12)

If I call BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE in SE37, it locks the record as seen in SM12.

In principle, what we need to do is exactly same as in following link, but without using IBM Websphere:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpfhelp/v6r0m2/index.jsp?topic=/com.bowstreet.designer.doc/...

Can any one help how to lock Employee record by calling BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE fron .net environment ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi MB,

please have a look at the whitepaper of Juergen and me regarding

Utilizing State Oriented Communication for Web Services Based on Business APIs (BAPI) with Microsoft...

Best regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi André,

Thanks for a very quick response. It did solve part of the problem. The record remains locked so that I am able to change the Personal Data. After that, when I call BAPI_EMPLOYEE_DEQUEUE in the same session, instead of removing the lock entries (as seen by SM12), it adds one more entry, and the employee remains locked. So question now is - how to successfully Dequeue it now ?

Here is a copy of entries after Enqueue, change, and Dequeue:

800 MZZZZZB 13:26:31 E PLOGI 80001CP00010358 0 1

800 MZZZZZB 13:26:31 E PREL 80000001273############################## 1 1

800 MZZZZZB 13:27:07 E BUT000 8000000002083 0 1

Thanks a lot...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MB,

Even m facing the same problem and in one of ur posts u have marked the thread has solved.

Could you please share the details how you solved the issue and struggling with this issue since long.

Thanks

Answers (0)