cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait in BPM??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question. We have a async database action in our BPM. Now the problem is, this async class raise an Trigger on DB - Side. So it could take some moments to handle this...

The next step in BPM is a sync Select which need data from step before. So I need to wait some seconds before call my select.

But the smallest Wait Step in XI is 1 Minute - what I need is 10 sec. Is their a solution to make a smaller wait step then 1 Minute?

THX Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me give one more shrewd way..:)

use a loop and endloop and terminate the loop only when the abstract interface in the previous step has collected some data..Is that fine?

Otherwise upgrade patch levels..:)..standard sap answers..or apply SAP notes if ur lucky to find some..:(

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Try to use acknowledgments for this purpose.

Choose in the send step the Acknowledgment <i>Transport</i>, then the BPM will wait until the JDBC adapter send the acknowledgment back.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I would use a receive step with correlation for the async response from the DB. The receive step will wait for the response message before it continues. Then you can call your sync select.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/64373f7853494fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Jesse

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Iam just giving shrewd way but should work.try giving 0.167 minutes.let me know if it works..:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no this will not work, cause 0.167 (0,167) is not numeric and only numeric values are permitted.

so the smallest period I could enter is 1 minute

Regards Matt

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please elobrate the scenario?

are u doing async send before sync scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya ,

thanks for your quick response.

Yes I have a async send and after that a sync send in one BPM. Send async SQL Update - call a trigger. Send a sync SQL Select.

Regards Matthias