cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB 12 ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

We taking online backup to the harddisk using sapdba in our oracle server with SAP R/3 . After complete the backup we saw the error in DB12 . Iam here below mentioned the error .

*The redo log fils created during the last online backup have not yet been archived using BRARCHIVE . They are needed for a complete recovery *

Kindly advice me for this error .

Regards

Selvan .SP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Selvan,

Please plan a good backup policy for archive logs and full backup ( online or offline) through brtools.

follow the mention steps -

1. Take archive log backup in the morning in copy, save, delete mode(optional).

2. Take another archive log backup in afternoon session , also , in copy , save , delete mode.

3. Take full backup (online or offline) in night when the load is less on servers.

then see DB12 or DB14 logs

advantage :

1. Less disk space utilization.

2. Minimum tapes will be required in case of restorage.

use the below link for configuring BRBACKUP and BRARCHIVE backup through Br*Tools.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0c/cd271365debc42bef96ac7fd907787/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgot tu suggest to you the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0c/cd271365debc42bef96ac7fd907787/frameset.htm

this is the SAP help on-line on how backup an Oracle DB with BRtools.

By

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvan,

you can use the following possibilities:

- in DB13 run online +offline redolog (as suggested by Karan)

- if you start brbackup by command line you can start after the brbackup the brarchive to save the offline redolog.

Otherwise you can start bye command line the brbackup with option -t online_cons, or modify the initSID.SAP in the backup type section putting online_cons.

But, my best suggestion is to design your best backup policy using an expert SAP consultant .

By

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano ,

Kindly advice me how to take take online backup with redo logs , any parameter need to be change in initSID.SAP file for this . Because i dnt whow about redo logs .

Regards

Selvan

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi selvan,

you run online +offline redolog backup using db 13 & than check in DB12 .

OR you run online backup & after that run Br archive . Than you will not get this message. If any other issue related to this than message me freely.

If it is helpful give points.

Karan

Edited by: karan Singh on Jun 20, 2008 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you should know, if you restore the online backup, the database will not consistent, but you need apply, by recovery, at least the archives redo log created during the online backup.

So the DB12 advice you the you need to save also the archives redolog so you are able to restore/recovery your database in case of fails.

Bye

Stefano