cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

We are using MDM on stand alone server. we have a full landscape including back-end connectivity with SRM. I have to apply the patch to it. currently we are on sp05. I hve to update it to sp06. I have downloaded new patch last week. I'm very confused. Can someone please provide me some steps how to go through. I really appreicate your help.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now when I start MDM, I get the message saying starting but it then giving ulimit problem. Can someone help me on that?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Before upgrading the complete MDM System, you need to stop all components of your MDM system on this host. The necessary activities are:

1. Make sure that no users are actively logged on (Data Manager, Import Manager, Syndicator, Publisher, Image Manager and all components accessing MDM via COM API or JAVA API or Portal)

2. Use MDM Console to unload all active repositories

3. Verify and repair repositories and ensure there are no errors

4. Stop all servers based on the current host (MDM Server, MDM Layout Server, ImportServer, Syndication Server).In Windows Services, check if all servers like MDM Server, MDM ImportServer, Syndication Server or Layout Server are stopped.

5. All applications running on the current host are stopped (e.g. Web applications calling the MDM host directly have to be stopped, while Web applications relying on a slave can continue)

6. Take the archive of all your repository (.a2a files) and save them apart from the MDM Server installation directory.

7. Then unistall the current MDM Server's and all GUI Clients then again install the latest MDM Server's and all the MDM clients which you want to upgarde.

8. When you installled all the components then move all the Archieves (a2a files) into the Archieves folder and then unarchieve and load them with update indices.

9. After that just update the each and every repository (with update repository option) which you have unarchieve on the updated MDM Server.

you can also refer the mentioned below threads for MDM Server upgrade:

Hope this will solve your problem.

If you are using the SRM-MDM Catalog then go to the following steps:

1. Undeploy all the SCAs by using SDM.

2. deploy the SCAs of latest patch you have installed and restart the portal server.

3. Do the necessary settings to configure the SRM catalog.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward if found helpful.

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Jun 20, 2008 4:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the steps below:

1. Take the Archieve of all the repositories and stored them in some different folder apart from SAP MDM 5.5.

2. You can either unistall the current MDM Server and all GUI Clients or it automatically overwrites the new installation over the previous one.

3. Once done with the installation move all the Archieves into the SAP MDM/Server/Archieves folder and then UnArchieve them on the new updated server.

4. Undeploy all the SCAs by using SDM.

5. Deploy the SCAs of latest patch you have installed and restart the portal server.

6. Do the necessary settings to configure the SRM catalog.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja