cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q&Adb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Pls. tell me , is Q&Adb is available with Standard SAP software?

Do we prepare blueprints on the basis of Q&Adb?

pallavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

Q&Db is to find out what type does the client is following the business - there is no standard SAP software to get ur Q&Db.

Once q&Db is done based on that -simulate the scenario in IDES and then prepare the Blueprint which is the final business process requirement in SAP.

If you know about the functionality about the SAP modules u can prepare the Q&db.

Have u checked with ur client in general what's their business requirement - based on that can help u out.

ENJOY SAP

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client has given their business process in flow chart form and requirements will be gathered in workshops.

What i understand is that on the basis of requirement, I have to prepare Q&Adb.

IWhat is this Q&adb consists of as i have never prepared this document? what all contents are given in this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

You need to prepare the Q&Db in general keeping in mind about the client business process in related to SAP.

for ex: Customer Project

In this Q&Db should cover like with Topics -list out all the possible combinations with respect to SAP

Project management -

1)Will you be using the PS module? (If yes, consider the PS organizational requirements in the overall design of the organization

2) Describe how your project processing should look, divided into phases.

3) What triggers creation of a project?

Customer inquiry&quotation

1) Have you installed the Sales and Distribution module? (If yes, consider which types of SD inquiry and quotation documents are required to support the project-driven process

Project Planning

1) How detailed is your project planning? (Remember that there are different levels of planning detail

Cost Planning

1) Do you track costs for your projects? (If yes, consider using WBS elements and/or networks.)

2) Do you focus only on dates and capacities? (If yes, consider using networks for planning.)

3) Do you plan costs by period and distribute these costs according to the project schedule? (If yes, consider using networks for planning.)

Dates Planning

1) Do your projects involve extensive scheduling? (If yes, consider using network)

Materials

1) Describe how you currently procure materials for your projects.

2) Do you assign materials manually? (If yes, consider using the explode BOM function within the component overview on the project. If not, consider using the BOM/PS interface to assign the materials).

3) Do you plan/specify materials by material number? (If yes, consider adding the components to the network If no, consider using text materials.)

Plan Periodic Processing

1) Currently, do you record your cost of sales and WIP automatically today? (If yes, consider using results analysis in project system.)

Plan Periodic Repositing

1) Do you periodically move costs from a project/cost center (such as telephone costs) to other projects/cost centers?

Result Analysis

1) Do you use result analysis to forecast your work in process (WIP) and cost of sales (COS) or do you simulate them?

Reporting

1) Which tools do you have available for reporting?

2) what are all the types of reports u get?

Project monitoring and controlling

1) On what aspects do you monitor project progress (labor, cost, dates, finance, progress

Actual Settlement

1) What are the dependencies between your project actuals and your cost center actuals?

2) It is possible to settle actual values between projects and cost centers. What is the relationship between work performed by cost centers on projects and non-project work?

Final Settlement

1) How do you ensure that all project costs have been received and paid?

Closing

1) When in your project life cycle can you decide to close a project

Project Completion

1) Do you have requirements from a company guideline when closing a project?

2) What legal requirements do you have to follow when closing a project?

Documentation

1) Do you have a business process for tracking relevant customer documentation throughout the project?

2) Do you have a standard project scope documentation process? If yes, provide an example and consider using PS texts or the Document Management System (DMS).

Project Archiving

1)How long do you need access to your project in the production system?

2) How do you store old projects?

I have given some of the possible Q&Db - based on that u can prepare questions in each topics.

ENJOY SAP

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

I understand the document type.

One more query is there. Do we give process steps for answering it along with the customization & operation transactions in the documents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

Reg ur query - "Do we give process steps for answering it along with the customization & operation transactions in the documents?"

In Q&Db only the businessscenario questions and answers should be there.Based on this process steps with transactions to be in Blueprint. Customization u can make as document and handover it to client (super user) when the sytem "Go-Live".

Reward point if useful.

ENJOY SAP

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

I am new to SDN.

I am in a developing team reg creation of ERP.

what are the basic procedures we need to study before creating a new ERP.

One more, where to post the question.i am unable to see in "how to contribute" column.

Thanks in advance

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi......Sampath.

This post is already answered.

If u want to post new thread.......

SDN Login.....Expert Forums » SAP Solutions » Project System (PS)

Below the Top 3 Contributors, last 30 days

Post newthread.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (0)