Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User master comparison

pradeepmathewch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one system I created a role and assigned a user to it without doing the user master comparison. Using this user, I tried accessing the transactions, but it failed just because the user master comparison not done - correcty according to fundamentals.

In another system, I did the samething but the system assowed to launch the transaction without the user master record is updated.

Could anyone tell me the catastrophe behind this?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Thanks and Regards, Pradeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

in PFCG, when editing or displaying a role, there's a menu-option under tools --> settings where you can check the option to automatically do user comparison when saving the role.

this might be the reason that user comparison is done in one system and not in the other.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

in PFCG, when editing or displaying a role, there's a menu-option under tools --> settings where you can check the option to automatically do user comparison when saving the role.

this might be the reason that user comparison is done in one system and not in the other.

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for the reply. I was not aware of this option.

But the problem remains as this option was not check in both the systems.

Is there any system parameters which control this? Any idea?

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

please try that once again with a complete empty user. maybe the user had that authorization already through another role/profile.....

Please also keep in mind, that if you save a user in SU01 the user comparison is also performed automatically.

b.rgds, bernahrd

0 Kudos

Hello,

I did. Same story.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos

Hi,

in the system, where the user has access, although no profiles show up in SU01: pls check, what is the table content of table usrbf2 for that particular user.

r there the authorizations listed of the role you have assigned? Or others?

b.rgds, Bernhard