cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus,

I want to ask is it true if we already activate an inspection type in material master (ex :04), we cannot do any transfer posting to the QI status (using MB1B) ?

Is there any way to allow this posting?

Thanks & regards,

Helly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi helly

Yes it is true

if you set inspection type 04 in material master then if you goods receipt goods automatically directly post into Quality stock.

posting to Quality stock automatically in inspection type 04 that is after production and 01 that is goods reciept against purchase order.

in material master there is tick posting to inspection stock.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pravin,

thanks for ur answer.

So if there is a case that user want to transfer a unrestricted stock become a QI stock, what transaction can i use?

regards,

Helly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate inspection type 08 in the material master

and use movement type 322 to post the stock to quality

Asd

Edited by: asd sha on Jun 20, 2008 8:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you are using this inspection type need not to tranfer stock to quality, if good reciept automatically post to quality

and in case if you are not using inspection type u can transfer stock

manually by t code MB1B check 321 or 322 movt type.

if any query please come back

regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used MB1B not for the GR, but for several case the user need to transfer to QI.

If i activate 08 i will get an inspection lot, but my user don't want have inspection lot for this.

Any suggestion how to fulfill these requirement??

Thanks,

Helly

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you dont want inspection lot you just click tick in material master in work scheduling view post insp stock due to this your material posy into quality stock, and removed inspection type from material master

regards

Pravin

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You say you want to use MB1B to post to QI stock but then you say you don't want an inspection?

Are you saying you just want the stock in QI? Why?

Once you have any inspection types activated, you can't move material into and out of QI stock without creating/using an inspection lot, (as described by the previous posters).

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

So this is the scenario that the user want.

First, we GR from PrO and get 1 inspection lot, the QC result will be receive in 5 days.

But this stock have to move to another WH (different user authority) within 1 days.

We post the stock to unrestricted use (in UD) and then transfer to another WH in QI status until the QC is finished. But they don't want this inspection lot.

I can't use the inspection lot stock transfer because the user want to use 2 step transfer (313, 315).

Do you have any suggestion to solve this??

Thanks in advance,

Helly

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the WH set up as an actual plant? If so, then don't activate QM in the second plant since it is only a WH. Then I believe you'll be able to do what you want. Post the material out of Plant A, then transfer to plant B, then post to QI stock in plant B.

The problem is that when the UD is done, you have to go make a material movement in the second plant.

If you are batch managed, an alternative is to post the stock as resticted in Plant A. Move the material to the WH as restricted stock. When the results are recorded and UD made, have the UD change the batch status to unrestricted. This now makes the material in plant B, the WH as available.

If this is because you have limited storage space at plant A, you might want to consider another possibility. Don't setup any QM at plant A. Stock transport or receive the goods into plant B, the WH and have an 08 inspection lot created there that posts the material to an inspection lot there.

Give the QA folks in plant A the security to work on inspection lots in plant B and have them record the results and make the UD's there.

Craig

Answers (0)