cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling all communication channels before starting XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are mirroring our XI system for DR purposes and I need to work out how to stop XI from retrieving and delivering messages when I start it up. I want to be able start up the DR system on the same network to check that it looks OK, but with all communication channels disabled (or stopped!).

Does anybody know how to do this?

Regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pradeep_nellore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand your question , you want to stop your system for a while???

If so follow below lines.

Go to SXMB_ADM.

Click Integration Engine Configuration.

Fill 'RUNTIME' in category and click 'Specific configuration' button.

Fill current value to '1' for parameter ENTRY_LOCK then save it.

This stops your system from being processing messages.

To get back to the original status Fill current value to '0' for parameter ENTRY_LOCK then save it.

Thanks

--Pradeep

Reward points if helpful.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Sorry for opening a topic that is very old but every google search ends up here.

Run the script to set the channels to “STOPPED” state:

update [<SID>].[SAP<SID>DB].[XI_AF_ADM_STATE] set ACTIVATION_STATE = 'STOPPED';

This the script below will set the History of the communication channels to STOPPED:

update [<SID>].[SAP<SID>DB].[XI_AF_ADM_STATEHIS] set ACTIVATION_STATE = 'STOPPED';

This will set the automatic scheduled communication channels schedule to disabled:

update [<SID>].[SAP<SID>DB].[[XI_AF_ADM_SCHEDULE] set ENABLED = '0';

Next for disabling new incoming messages. Disable the Integration Engine (Set ENTRY LOCK to 1):

if exists (select * from <SID>.<sid>.[SXMSCONFVL] where CLIENT = '200' and AREA = 'RUNTIME' and PARAM = 'ENTRY_LOCK')

update <SID>.<sid>.[SXMSCONFVL] set VALUE = '0' where CLIENT = '200' and AREA = 'RUNTIME' and PARAM = 'ENTRY_LOCK';

else

insert into <SID>.<sid>.[SXMSCONFVL] (CLIENT, AREA, PARAM, SUBPARAM, GENERIC, VALUE, CHGTSTAMP, CHGUSER)

VALUES ('200', 'RUNTIME', 'ENTRY_LOCK', '', '0', '1', '20131206011316.8280000', 'DDIC');

The following will disable the abap RFC's:

update [SID].[sid].[RFCDES] set RFCOPTIONS = REPLACE(RFCOPTIONS,'N=','N=#') where RFCTYPE = 'T';

update [SID].[sid].[RFCDES] set RFCOPTIONS = REPLACE(RFCOPTIONS,'H=','H=#') where RFCTYPE = '3';

Replace <SID> with the sap<sid>.

Keep in mind that the mail is still being send out when you start SAP.

To active the Integration Server for incoming messages:

f you have locked the Integration Server for incoming messages, open it by calling the transaction Integration Engine - Administration (SXMB_ADM) and choosing Integration Engine Configuration    Specific Configuration   Change New Entries  . Select the category RUNTIME and then the parameter ENTRY LOCK: Set the current value to 0 (NOT LOCKED) and choose Save

The message in the queues are still being processed.

For the full Start/Stop procedure check:

Starting and Stopping - Administering PI (Process Integration) - SAP Library

Greets,

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

We have the similar scenario where in we are mirroring the xi system for the os migration purposes.

Can you please help me and let me know which tables contain the communication channel status information? and that needs to be changed in order to disable all comm. channels before starting SAP?

Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Nishit Padhya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved this issue myself. I have written a SQL statement to put all the communication channels into a "stopped" state when the system is shutdown.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have written a SQL statement to put all the communication channels into a "stopped" state when the system is shutdown.

Jason, can you pls explain this a bit more. It will be helpful for our fellow SDNers.

Thanks,

Jaishankar

former_member421023
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

We are testing the DR scenario where we need to stop all the CC before starting XI system.Can you please suggest on the SQL to stop at the database level.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is best case,

In communication channel mointoring > selecct adapter status sa Inactive( Both Inbound and Outbound).

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system is shutdown, therefore getting into the Communication Channel Monitor is not possible ...

pradeep_nellore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Turn on your XI system.

Stop all Sender communication channels and Reciever communication channels.

Stop IS by ENTRY_LOCK.

This entirely stops XI system from message processing.

Repeat above procedure in reverse direction to start XI system again.

Thanks

--Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately my problem is not resolved.

Maybe I needed to be more explicit. Say I have the following situation:

My XI system is shutdown - and it has heaps of communication channels that are "started" and "activated" (but of course not running while the system is shutdown).

There are lots of files/messages waiting to be picked up by the communication channels.

I am after a way to stop the communication channels picking up messages when I start SAP up.

The ENTRY_LOCK parameter stops the IS from processing messages, but doesn't stop the communication channels from picking them up (and subsequently deleting/archiving them). Stopping all the communication channels will achieve what I want, but the only way to do it that I have found is when the system is started (which by then is too late).

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

refer to link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/2a1a8620323f0ee10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

You can select a communication channel from the displayed table and change how it is controlled. (If Multiple Selection is activated, you can select multiple or all communication channels).

○ You can activate or deactivate external control.

○ If external control is deactivated, you can control the communication channel as follows:

■ Manually, by choosing Start and Stop

■ Automatically, by scheduling availability times

With this you can stop and start multiple channel at a time.

Gaurav Jain

Reward Points if answer is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

well you need to deactivate only the sender communication channel,since the receiver channel is dependent upon the pipeline processing it can stay active or de-active,it won't matter.

secondly you need to de-activate the channels individually,you can either do that in RWB or by going to individual communication channel in Integration directory and making it de-active.

Thanx

Aamir