cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Performance has dropped.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a largish Web Dynpro timesheet application. It has been working fine for about 2 years but after recently patching our NW04 system we are having performace problems.

When users first go into the application it behaves fine but thre longer they stay in it the worse the performance. I.e in the first few minutes it takes about 2 seconds for a tick to appear in a checkbox. After about 10 minutes of using the application ( entering values and saving records) the time drops to about 15 seconds between clicking on a acheckbox and for the tick to appear. If they exit the application and go in again the performance is better but then slows down again as they use it.

When clicking on a checkbox there is no round trip back to the ECC 5.00 system so I don't think it is related to R/3, it seems to be a portal problem.

What would be the main cause of this. Some kind of memory setting ? Maybe a JCo setting ?

Bear in mind that we never used to have this problem and the web Dynpro code has not been changed.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cant say why the performance has dropped suddenly. I faced similar problem but in my case it was network issue.

Also, regarding performance of checkbox , try using nw04plus compatibility mode.

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Check this URL, hope u can find out the exact problem using this.

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/11/21/analyzing-web-dynpro-java-application-performance-with-a-simple-url-parameter

regards

Sumit

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

One possible reason for this is, memory lickage.

try to figure out any application running on your server is having this problem. if you are sure your application is not having problem then may be other application is consuming lot of memory