cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was getting this error everyday causing lost connections of terminals of our SAP users.

"Operating system call recv failed (error no. 73 )

Operating system call gethostbyaddr failed (error no. 0 )

Connection to user 26592 (PCABOGR ), terminal 136 (tacloban01 ) lost"

What could be the possible reason for this?? Please help as our users are having problems on their daily transactions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deo,

Please check your network connectivty .Some time this problem occur due to network problem. And also chek dev_disp or dev_w0 ,these files contain more info regarding the problem .

If you are using UNIX try man recv command.

For info refer to Snote -34116.

Thanks

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

Our network is ok and it's working fine, I tried continous pinging of our QAS client (using that particular PC wherein user getting disconnected in SAP production client) and its shows that network connection is ok, no packet lost. Is there any instance parameter need to be adjusted to solve this problem??

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Check your Network , are it's fine?

"Operating system call gethostbyaddr failed (error no. 0 )" -->

indicates that the UNIX or NT server cannot resolve the PC's hostname from its IP address.

Alos read Note 1002075 - Too many enqueue clients in standalone enqueue server.

Are you check trace files ? Any other errors? First check your Network(or network card), usually problem in network. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

Our network is ok and it's working fine, I tried continous pinging of our QAS client (using that particular PC wherein user getting disconnected in SAP production client) and its shows that network connection is ok, no packet lost. Is there any instance parameter need to be adjusted to solve this problem??

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you have Network team? If you can successfully ping the End user PC it's does not mean "network connection is ok". Are you use Cisco or other network vendor in your Network, check logs in Cisco ports for example, also check

the TCP\IP settings to end user PC (for example on Cisco Port are set "auto" or in TCP/IP are set "auto" and on port "100 full" for example....) Also check Event logs in End user PC (and trace files in SapWorkDir folder). Regards.

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

This problem is due to your Lan connection .If the lan cable is unplug from a terminal during working on server. Than you get this error in your system log .This is an common error Improve your n/w connection .And for more info refer to my first message.

karan