cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Proxy not triggering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using an Inbound proxy to do some BAPI Processing. The problem is that sometimes the proxy is triggering and sometimes its not (even if the input data is not changing). On the XI side, its a simple one to one mapping and sending to the proxy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

inbound proxy is ABAP proxy on R/3, right?

If so, have you checked the content of SXMB_MONI in R/3? You should find a message with the same MessageID issued by XI.

Many things could have happened, but probably the message is stuck in a QRFC queue in R/3, or smth else. Also check ST22 in R/3. I was often in the situation in which the generated XSLT program that takes XML coming from XI and maps on ABAP generated structures (proxy's) was dumping for several reason.

Let me know if it helps you.

Cheers,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

SXMB_MONI is showing the process as successful(chequered flag) and there are no dumps in R/3. Even the queue is clear. In fact when I copy the message generated from SXMB_MONI and execute the proxy in R/3 with the data, the proxy runs just fine. Is there anything else that could be causing the problem?

Regards,

Satya

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, let's try another approach.

Are you <b>100% sure</b> that the code inside the proxy is not executing? That is, have you put in your ABAP code some statements that can undoubtedly prove it ran?

Believe, I don't distrust you but sometimes the error is simpler than we think.

Try putting an infinite loop at the very beginning of the proxy, kind of

data: fl.
while fl is initial. endwhile.

Then launch the process from XI and go to SM50 in R/3. You should have the process hung. Take it in debug mode and have a look at how ABAP is behaving.

I'm curious... Let me know.

Alexx

P.S. Of course you will put an 'X' or whatever in your fl var to get out there...

Message was edited by: Alessandro Guarneri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex,

The problem was that the message was getting stuck in the queue on the R/3 side (I was looking at the queues on the XI Server). The problem is resolved. Thanks a ton.

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I also realised the same you have already replied what i wanted to say ;).

I checked that thread and when tried to reply got something in between so got late,XI forum is too fast ;).

Cheers,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am now facing the same problem - when you say "message was stuck on the R/3 Side" what exactly you meant and how was that resolved?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when it is working sometimes means your configuration is OK.

When it doesnot, you can see in SXMB_MONI whether message was pushed with chequered flag. If yes , than there can be problem with HTTP communication between XI and R/3.

You can see in runtime workbench->Message monitoring->Integration engine.

Or there can be probabilty that message is struck in queue in R/3 target system. Can check queue in r/3.

Hope it helps,

Satish

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

I don't want to be contentious, but it really seems to me <b>your post does not add much contents to my own</b>.

I am a little bit surprised...

Anyway I hope Satya will find the solution.