cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Java to Web Dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a web dynpro java developer with more than 3 years of portal development experience.

I am now put into a project with web dynpro ABAP(ESS/MSS customization).

Would like to know whether I should start concentrating more on ABAP or SAP HR?

I dont have any ABAP programming exp except that attended a training few years back.

And on SAP HR,dont have much exp except that have some knowledge on ESS customization in dynpro java.

Please let me know where I should start to get myself refreshed before starting my work.

Any advice/docs are invited.

Also,please let me know whether there is any NWDI required for ESS/MSS customization in webdynpro ABAP.

Thanks

Meena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meena,

As you have good experience of Web Dynpro JAVA.

I think you just need to comcentrate on ABAP skills.

You need not concentrate on SAP HR as ur work is technical your functional guys will take care of HR module and will help you.

For starting i would suggest you to just go through the basics of ABAP like Work areas , internal tables etc.

Then start doing some WD ABAP hands on.

My scenario is similar.

I am a portal and WD JAVA person and this is my first WD ABAP assignment.

I followed the above approach.

You will find many concepts similar to WD JAVA as this is just the ABAP flavour of Web Dynpro.

The below link will help you a lot

[WD ABAP HELP|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/1f6442a3d9e72ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

I hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

That was really a valuable piece of inspiration and information for me!

I will concentrate on my ABAP skills as I am pretty much thorough with webdynpro concepts.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards

Meena

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meena, check out this presentation:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/25a3df90-0201-0010-10b6-971...

It summarizes a lot of the similarities between ABAP and Java language sintaxes, probably will make it easier for you to get started.

As for web dynpro differences, they are minor, most concepts (context, view, controllers, etc) are the same.

Regards

Edited by: Alejandro Bindi on Jun 20, 2008 1:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alejandro!The presentation is very clear and gives a good comparison with ABAP Programming.

Thanks

Meena

Answers (0)