cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard text and Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you get a standard text created w/ SO10 displayed on the PDF? Can it also have the same formatting... bold, underline, etc.?

Currently on ecc 7.0.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is only supported directly if you design forms using transaction SFP (Form Builder). When you design your context you can add a "text" node to it. One of the supported types you can select is "Include text".

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I am using SFP (trying anyway) as well as my web dynpro which contains the data definitions used in the adobe form; but i'm still not sure where you are referring to.

Am I adding to the webdynpro context? I already have a node defined like TLINE.

If not the webdynpro - I'm not sure where the context is you are referring to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I look at fp_test_01 I see there is a context tab with the form; mine does not have this tab. Is there someway to add it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is where some training may be helpful....

I now have the context tab in SFP by changing the interface type on the interface attached to the form to be dictionary based. This allows me to add the text as you mentioned. The form has ZCI layout assigned.

But now my webdynpro is having issues calling the form. In my webdynpro my template source is the same as the sfp form name; but as I assign the pdfsource and datasource they are either removed and/or changed to a dummy value that is added to my context with no nodes or attributes.

This application currently runs in a production environment. All I was trying to do was add a standard text element to the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Important information that you are suing WD ABAP.

You should not change the interface type. WDA uses XML schema-based interfaces and this type does not have a context tab. As you found out if you use the dictionary-based interface you have the context tab.

So your question really is:

1) How do I read a smart forms text in WD?

2) Does WDA support richt text wiht PDF forms?

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me answer question (2). If I recall it right from memory, WDA supports rich text starting

from SP12 or SP13. There's also a note describing the required bug fix. Please be aware that

the WD context property does not contain the value, but obviously both the markup and the value. Otherwise the markup would get lost between roundtrips.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going in a different direction. I will be loading a PDF file to DMS and read from there since it will be the same for everyone.

Thanks for your help though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I'm back to where I started now...

=> the WDA is enabled = false

=> the form layout type = ZCI

=> the interface type = xml and source = generated.

I still would like to have a text object created in SO10 (or something standard) that has formatting such as BOLD, italic, underlined, etc..... and have it displayed on my PDF.

Thomas, I wasn't able to find a bug fix. Any ideas what I should be looking for?

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I was referring to the rich text formatting within input fields created by LifeCycle Designer. SO10 texts have a different formatting. A possible solution would be to:

- place a rich text field on the Adobe form and to bind it to the context

- to read the so10 text by calling function module READ_TEXT

- to convert the retrieved so10 text to Adobe rich text format (which is basically xhtml formatting)

- and to store the result in the context attribute that was bound to the rich text field on the Adobe form.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to update the interface type back to XML it is forcing the schema source to be File instead of where it was at before (generated); this then forces the "File" field to be input; which I don't have.

I've tried several combinations trying to get the back to generated but doesn't seem to allow; even though production is currently at that setting. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The generated flag can only be set when the interface is created using an API. Looks like you have to regenrate the interface through WDA (I don't know if this is possible).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas / Juergen,

thanks for replies!!

I'll check into bug fix. We are on SP13.

On my wda my display type is native. My datasource, pdfsource, and teplate are all as they exist in our production environment.

On my form - the layout type is ZCI and you are saying my interface should be XML, correct?

My goal is to NOT have to type the text in either the wda or the form since this seems rather limiting; and stupid. If I can't get the SO10 text added to the form I'm ok if somehow the wda can place it where it needs to be.