Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM General Questions ;-)

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning small-but-talented community 😃

I have 3 questions for all of you:

The need: I need to upload several items to CCM, none of them should be linked to any vendor. I need to create a taxonomy (structure) in order to "navigate and find" the items and I need to create some views to restrict what certain users can see.

And the questions are:

1. What are the steps that I should follow to upload items without any vendor linked ? is this a procurement catalog ?

2. If yes (previous questions), which catalog should I publish ? the master catalog or the procurement catalog ?

3. How or where can I create a taxonomy for my items ?

5. The view issue is well dominated

Thanks a lot for your help !!!!

Regards from Mexico city 🐵

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lol Diego, you're becoming an SDN addicted...

As German say: <i>"Patience is a bitter plant, but it has a sweet fruit. "</i>

1- to be abble to load items without vendor, upload the content directly in the Master Catalog (I thought I'd told U in another thread, didn't I)

2- It is your choice: procurement catalogs allow you to separate contents (additionnaly to view definition that can be sufficient).

3- What you call Taxonomy, is the catalog Schema. For that you can either upload XML files (but you need XI for that), or manage manually the catalog schema in the CAT interface of your catalog (Master and/or procurement catalogs). There is only one valid schema at a time for a catalog, if you need several different taxonomies , you can choose to use procurement catalog with different schema for each (be careful, you then will have to manage manually the mapping between the Master Catalog schema, and each of these schemas).

4- Oh there is no point 4 ....

5- Is that a question ? If so, the view management in CCM 1.0 is not useable, in CCM 2.0 it is now possible to mange "dynamic" view assignement.

Hope it helps, and <i>"sorry for the delay..."</i>

Regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

jejeje.je

1. Yes, you told me that before. But my CCM documentation says that I cant upload content to my Master Catalog. =( Is this true ?

2. ok

3. ok

4. just checking if you're aware.. je.je

5. ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. ?? I've never seen such a documentation, please provide me its reference. I am 100% sure it was possible to load content in MAster Cat in CCM 1.0, and I don't see any reason that it wouldn't in CCM 2.0.

Regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The CCM documentation is the SRM260 Course Material. I'll send you an abstract of this right now (for your reference).

Im using CCM 1.0

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

In fact I am a trainer in france for SRM210 and SRM260, so I already have the material...

Even if I am sure it worked out for me, you can do the following:

-Import the content in a supplier catalog for a "dummy" supplier

-Map this content into the master (and procurements if you need)

-Don't map any field in the OCI for the vendor.

Regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Right now is 7:30am here in Mexico, I'll try to implement your recommendations at the office during the morning 😃

Thank you, i'll let you know the results 😃

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We are using a Master Catalog and 2 procurement catalogs.

When I log-on in English those 2 procurement catalogs appear on the screen.

When I log-on in another language (namely russian because we need it) catalogs do not appear.

Do anybody know what could be the problem and how I can solve it?

Thanks a lot,

CF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

IF you have SRM 210 and 260. kindly forward it to me at kan2kus@yahoo.com

I need the latest SRM Certification material

Please forward me at kan2kus@yahoo.com

I will be very thankful to you .

Thanks in advance .

Ankur

kan2kus@yahoo.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't forget to reward points to helping poeple on your threads.

Thanks

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

come on.. any help for this topic ? 😃