cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate applet into web dynpro java application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Exprt,

I am struggling with integrating applet into WD applciation. I don't see any applet specific UI element. I would highly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Shubhangi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry more clarification...

wdContext.currentContextElement().setOut(resource.getAbsoluteURL());

when we set this "Out" in the context we have another window that has an iFrame on it to launch the HTML file.

Please respond...thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I have checked all the available SDN help for this question. But i didn't get the solution.

I am working on Creating a Web Dynpro Application Accessing ABAP Functions. Accordingly i create JCO connection in web dynpro administrator. The SLD test, results in successful. Also i maintained the required entries in host and services. I am not able to find out where i am going wrong.

Error: JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: JCO.Client not connected in repository call

I would appreciate if anyone help me on step by step troubleshooting procedure for this. I already referrred documentation for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyajit Chakra...

Please can you clarify what you mean that it has been deprecated?

We have a similar requirement and I have tested a method to do this on our NW 04 system that worked. But I really need to know what to plan for when we upgrade to 04s.

I am not sure if this is the right approach, but here's how I did it on our 04 system....I need to know if the approach I have taken below will work properly in 04s.

I built an HTML file in a string which contains javascript to launch the IXOS viewer applet...which is the "inString" below...

try
		{
			String html = inString;
			IWDCachedWebResource resource = WDWebResource.getWebResource(inString.getBytes("UTF-8"), WDWebResourceType.HTML);
			resource.setResourceName("HTML_inline.html");
			resource.setAttachement(false);
			resource.setReadOnce(false);
			wdContext.currentContextElement().setOut(resource.getAbsoluteURL());
		}
		catch (final Exception ex)
		{
			wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException(new WDNonFatalException(ex), false);
		}

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("PopupImageViewer");
		IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createWindow(windowInfo, true);
		window.setTitle("Image opening in separate window");
		window.setWindowPosition(25, 225);
		window.open();
		wdContext.currentPopupElement().setWindowInstance(window);

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have an HTML file which embeds the applet as a part of your project. Then you can use the portal to create a portal page which contains two iviews. One of them would be a WD iview hosting your WD application while the other would be an URL iview hosting the HTML page containing the applet.

You could have used the IFrame UI element to embed the applet HTML directly within your WD view, but unfortunately it has been deprecated now.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satyajit.

It seems like there is no other way to add applet directly into web dynpro JAVA/ABAP based application. Is this correct? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Shubhangi