cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Application does not bring in output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create a sample webdynpro for java application uisng BAPI_EMPLOYEE_Getdata to let user input the employee id and get some personal details...but it does not bring in the data altough when executed in R/3 using the same id it does bring it in...i have followed all the steps of creating the webdynpro application...Please help....

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure cardinality of Bapi_Employee_GetDate Node is not zero and you have bind the element.

Also, print exception message, e.getMessage(), that will help in finding exact cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ...I printed the message with e.getMessage() the jco client connection was not properly created i changed it in Content Amdin.-> Webdynpro and it worked successfully..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure inputs to the BAPI are in UPPERCASE. Sometimes if inputs are not in uppercase BAPI does not return desire result.

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply guys...although I didn't put an external breakpoint but I debugged it in Webdnpro and the statement

wdContext.currentBapi_Employee_GetDataElement().modelObject().execute();

causes an exception i think as it goes to the catch block .....but I don;t see any reason for the exception ...please help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Try to debug the application. Go to tcode se38 & give ur bapi name. Put some external breakpoint over there & run ur application. check whether all the input parameters are goin correctly & bapi is returning any value.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Try giving the exact input as you give it in BAPI, i.e., if your employee id contains "00001" in BAPI then give the same input "00001" not "1"in webdynpro application also. If that is the case then directly bind th input filed to BAPI input field.

If that is not the case check weather you are passing all the required input parameters.

~Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. but I am giving the full and right Id for the inputfield rather than just entering "1"...still it does not work...

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anil,

Setup an external breakpoint in the BAPI which you are trying to access in the backend.

Then try to run the application from Portal and check:

- If the BAPI is being called

- If the input is being sent correctly to the BAPI

- If the values are being returned from the BAPI correctly.

Once you make sure that the BAPI is sending the right data, then you can start looking at the webdynpro side for:

- mapping the returned data to the proper UI elements using context attributes

- invalidating the model

Hope this helps. If you have any questions please revert back.

Thanks,

Shanti