cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Global Service desk for Multi-Geograpic Regions Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All There,

I am on the process on of implementing Service Desk in Solution Manager for All SAP Systems (BI, PI, ECC, SCM, SRM, etc) and NON-SAP Systems (i.e. Windows Issue, Network, Lan/Wan, Exchangeu2026etc)u2026Here is where it more complex. This company is Global and they have companies almost all the Geographic Regions (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and etc) and each region has its own Support Team.

For an example, letu2019s take a computer network issue:

Users from Europe region enter a ticket in Solution Manager Service Desk, then it should ROUTE to the Europe u201CNetworku201D Support team. If any one, from Europe region could not resolve this issue, then they should be able to forward the message to Other Support Team Regions (NA, SA, Africa or Asia), I think this has to be done manually (Assign a message processor from North America region for example)

Also Reporting should be available to provide analysis on the performance of the Service Desk. All Analysis should enable the sub-division of data by geographic Region (SA, NA, Asia, Europe and Africa)

- Completed tickets by (Total and by region)

- Completed tickets by Support Technician (Total by Region)

- etc

My big questions is, how can we achieve this One Global Service Desk for all regions and tickets get routed to proper geographic regions

Do I need to create 5 different Organizational model structures for each geographic region and map it with Rules?

In the rules (PFAC  13200137  We has following options:

Catalog Subject

Category

Code Subject

Subject Code Group

Sold-To Party Country  this one looks interesting, but when I go to iBase (Ib52) to if can see this one, it has only Sold-to-Party

Transaction Number

Priority

Transaction Number

Sold-To Party Region  Same as Sold-to-Party Country

SAP Component

Installation Number

SAP SystemSold-To Party

Or Should I create iBase system for each geographic region and create different SOLD-TO-PARTY for each region and map those sold-to-party with Rules and iBase to make the tickets to route to proper regions. Please advice on my thoughts and steps.

Or

Are there special ways to maintain usersu2019 profiles and make the tickets to route to appropriate geographic region support team/desk?

Please please write you comments and thoughts about this.

Any thoughts or expertise or your comments are most welcome.

Thanks in Advance for all of them.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

you may be able to do it another way, with a custom table. I think Anand touched on this in the forum before. Do a search on assigning support teams by location and you may find it. I think I've seen maybe 5 topics on this over the years.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I think this is probably too complex to explain in here. There are multiple ways to do it, but it depends on your specific situation. You might need to hire a SolMan consultant or talk to a CRM person if you have one available since it has to do with using access sequences to assign your support team. You may also still be able to use the SAP action for assigning the support team. It really depends on the requirements. It is possible though. Good luck.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason. It is indeed too complex. FYI, I am the Solution Manager consultant, but I never implemented Global Service desk like this before. I have just done for SAP Systems not for NON-SAP Systems. Do you think we talk off the forums maybe Google Chat or MSN about this?

I really have to get everything in paper and diagram about how I am going to go and do this configurations in SOLMAN.

thanks Jason again

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Sorry but I won't have the time needed to help you with the design of the system. There is a lot of work involved and it varies based on your requirements and system setup. Try to find a CRM expert in your company if possible. They will probably be able to help you a lot. Access sequences are the key. Good luck.

regards,

Jason