cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search info about Jive Forums is so hard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

Whenever I have to find some technical data or threads about the new SAP Forums (jive forums), I search and returns results that are actually irrelevant because it always takes the word "forum" found in the "breadcrumbs":

Look this sample:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg285/lea_bal_pb/egforums.jpg

I search about forums notification mail, and how change the text, for example, and is impossible to restrict the search;

Some people use the term "jive forums" but not the most of them, then, is not a solution use the word "jive" in the search.

What would be a possible solution for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

I see your point with the breadcrumb problem. But why don't you search just for "jive" or as Mike suggested use boolean expressions and/or create connected phrases like "jive forums"?

Furthermore, if you have problems with the SDN search, try using the forums search here, which is still not based on TREX but on the Apache Lucene search engine that is shipped with the forums software.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike and Michael:

to use the expression "jive" and "forum" would have to assume that all users who post on forums do so by writing the word "jive", and that I referred in my initial post, which mostly concern "sap forums" or "collaboration forums" and not "jive forums."

Therefore, it is not be a solution using the word "jive", if not all tend to put that term as a tag related queries.

regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The default forum behaviour is an 'OR' search. Put AND between your terms (in caps) or put your search term in quotes - "Jive forums".

Click on the advanced search for more info.

Cheers,

Mike